We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from PV Airport to Sayulita

Which Sayulita hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from PV Airport to Sayulita

How can we do this with luggage? Wondering best way to get from airport to Sayulita other than an expensive taxi trip? Do we have to take a taxi to the bus station in PV? Thanks.

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
5,257 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from PV Airport to Sayulita

canchick, you must understand that the bus you refer to IS NOT DESIGNED FOR ARRIVING PASSENGERS WITH LUGGAGE. The buses DO NOT have luggage racks overhead -or- luggage space down below. The buses are primarily a way for the locals to get to/from work and or a trip to another area.

*IF* you are traveling only with a small carry-on duffle bag style bag (and no other luggage), then yes you can probably ride the bus. But understand your luggage MUST be able to fit in your lap, not the seat next to you, or in the aisle, or in another seat. There just is not room for any of that on the bus.

Before leaving the airport, make note of the rate at the Official Taxi Booths for the cost of a taxi to Sayulita. Then exit the airport and cross the pedestrian foot bridge outside of the airport, and at the other end there will be a man with a clipboard arranging taxis. Negotiate with him *and* the driver and hopefully you will save a few pesos for your ride to Sayulita vs. an official federal taxi.

Se diviertan!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,470 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from PV Airport to Sayulita

Or you can hire a private driver - very nice way to get to Sayulita! :)

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
651 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from PV Airport to Sayulita

We took a taxi, but.....we were told by locals (and a taxi driver, LOL) that during the slower season (we were there in May and they thought it would have been fine), we could pay for an extra seat to put our luggage. Personally I didn't feel comfortable, even though some of the buses had empty seats. I don't see how the other passengers would have known we paid for an extra seat and I would have felt funny......but it is what we were told.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,235 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from PV Airport to Sayulita

It's common for people to take strollers, groceries, boxes and carry- on type luggage on local buses if they need to, but depending on time of day, local buses can be standing room only. Purchasing extra seats isn't really a feasible option.

Your best bet if you have more luggage is to cross the bridge and take a cab. Will be cheaper than airport taxis.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from PV Airport to Sayulita

I have never had any issues taking the bus...one large suitcase per person is fine, the drivers will help you figure it out. Taxi's have gotten so expensive!

vancouver
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from PV Airport to Sayulita

It was easy and very doable even with a wheeled suitcase that would have been considered too big for carry-on size on an airplane. I too, was concerned with the possibility of not enough space or taking up too much space on the local bus but this was so not an issue. We (family of 4, each with a wheeled suitcase) crossed the hwy using the pedestrian overpass with the intent of haggling a cheaper taxi, in fact we were in the process as I saw the public bus labelled Sayulita on the front pull up. There were only 3 people on it so we hopped on. A total of about 6 other people joined us on the short drive to Sayilita. Huge savings and a fun adventure for the kids. Will definitely do it again.. This was mid week, mid March around 3 pm. My daughter even had a nap laying on the whole empty back seat.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from PV Airport to Sayulita

It's so easy isn't it? You saved about $70-80

vancouver
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus from PV Airport to Sayulita

More than that even....we bused both ways....For us it was a no brainer. We spent the savings on private surf lessons.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus from PV Airport to Sayulita

Nice! I use mine for m&m's (margaritas and massages)!

10. Re: Bus from PV Airport to Sayulita

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 05:15