We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitoes during the day in July

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
122 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquitoes during the day in July

What's the mosquito situation like during the day in Sayulita between now and the middle of August? I'm referring to being in town and on the beach. I'd figure that they'd be active in the jungle.

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
Level Contributor
730 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquitoes during the day in July

Dusk at nighttime are the times to be careful. During the day you will see hardly any mosquitos. The beach will be absolutely fine.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquitoes during the day in July

I apply bug spray year round. They love me! I've been bitten at any time throughout the day and all months of the year. Just use "off" and you will be fine.

Have a great trip!

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
122 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquitoes during the day in July

Thanks. I'm trying to avoid DEET and the most toxic repellent. And if we're only there during the day, we may not have to deal with getting eaten. But if it's the typical dusk and dawn thing, and there are places to hide, we ought to be OK, hopefully.

4. Re: Mosquitoes during the day in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 06:16