We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Tronconees next week. A few questions.

Pacifica, California
Level Contributor
291 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Tronconees next week. A few questions.

We're going to Troncones next week, for a week, just to hang out, and swim, and hang out some more.

A couple of questions before we leave. Any help appreciated.

Looks like we won't rent a car. Airport taxis no problem? About how much to Troncones?

How 'bout going to Zihuatanejo for a day? Bus? Taxi?

Worthwhile stopping at a big supermarket (I think it's called Commercial Mexicana) to stock up for the week?

Any food stores in Troncones for additional supplies?

Affordable restaurants on/or near the beach?

Any problem with bugs this time of the year?

Should we expect rain?

Thanks.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Tronconees next week. A few questions.

Hola. I'm presenting living in Troncones for the summer so hoping I can help.

Getting a taxi at the airport is no problem (there is a monoply of service there...so it is expensive...it will cost you $780 pesos to get to Troncones).

Once in Troncones, cab rides within town are $50 pesos but you can take the Micro (mini-bus) for $5 pesos (around that). Going from Troncones to Zihua is cheaper than the airport taxi. You should negotiate the rate with the taxi but I think it's about $400 pesos. There is also a bus (take the Micro to Hwy 200 and take the bus from there).

If you can, stopping at Commercial Mexicana is worth it...especially to buy meat. You can buy vegetables, eggs, butter, ice, some snack foods at the Tiendas in Troncones but if you're going to the big store, it's just cheaper to get everything there.

There are a few Tiendas in Troncones at the T (where the road from 200 hits the beach road).

Lots of affordable restaurants on/near the beach. I recommend Costa Brava, El Burro Burracho and Cafe Sol. If you get as far as Majahua, try Martha's.

Lots of bugs this time of year!

Yes, you should expect rain!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

2. Re: Going to Tronconees next week. A few questions.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Troncones