We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

You're probably all sick of safety questions, but...

Warsaw, IN
Level Contributor
83 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
You're probably all sick of safety questions, but...

Okay, so I'm sure all the Mexico forums are SICK of safety questions but, I want to head to Troncones in two weeks with all the info possible so I can be safe and ENJOY my vacation. :)

Myself and two of my friends (all females, early 30's) are staying in Troncones in two weeks for our annual vacation together. We are really looking forward to it but want to make sure that it is safe to go ahead with our vacation. The US Dept. of State put out a travel advisory that mentioned the strong presence of drug trafficking organizations in northwest Guerrero and mentioned being extremely cautious. Can anyone give us an idea about the situation there? Would it be safe for us to take taxis to Zihu for a day or to walk to supper at night Troncones? We're not paranoid...just don't want to be stupid.

Any input would be SO appreciated!

11. Re: You're probably all sick of safety questions, but...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 September 2010, 17:27
12. Re: You're probably all sick of safety questions, but...

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 September 2010, 17:27
Dallas, Tx
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: You're probably all sick of safety questions, but...

I rarely pay any attention to a FIRST time poster (who joined today) on a subject that is almost three months old. I have various friends that live full time in the area and the report of any murder, kidnapping or theft is a complete joke. The only two worthwhile and true things posted were to not drive at night and don't drink the water. Other than that, please disregard this post.

14. Re: You're probably all sick of safety questions, but...

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2010, 17:26
15. Re: You're probably all sick of safety questions, but...

Removed on: 14 September 2010, 17:29
Los Altos, CA
Level Contributor
651 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: You're probably all sick of safety questions, but...

I see several posts have been deleted, I didn't see them so I'm not sure what they said but I am glad to see many of you saying how safe it is in Troncones. My family and I are thinking of visiting Playa Viva eco lodge in December, which is not in Troncones, it's in Juluchucha. However, we are considering going to Troncones also for 2 days to stay in the other property run by the owners of Playa Viva, which is called Casa Viva. I was wondering if it would be a safe drive from Juluchucha to Troncones - I was going to start a new topic but since it's similar to this topic, I thought I'd ask in here? Thanks!

Boston...
1 post
Save Reply
17. Re: You're probably all sick of safety questions, but...

First time post although use this site to plan every vacation. Traveling to Troncones this month and wondering why posts under "satefy questions" were removed. Did not think too much about safety but just review the new travel advisory posted in September. Any new information?

Dallas, Tx
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: You're probably all sick of safety questions, but...

No. It's very safe.

19. Re: You're probably all sick of safety questions, but...

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2011, 06:29
Get answers to your questions about Troncones