We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duration of Isla Ballestas tour?

Takoma Park...
Level Contributor
165 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Duration of Isla Ballestas tour?

My youngest child can get a little seasick. How long is the total Isla Ballestas trip? I've read slightly different numbers from 2 hours total to 1.5 hours each way plus an hour on the island (4 hours total).

can you really get up close? We would only be going for the penguins and sea lions. It's pretty far out of the way, and am debating the value of a long trip with a possibly sick or bored kid.

Emotion Tour Peru
Day Trips, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Emotion Tour Peru - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
Huacachina Tour Packages
Sightseeing Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
South American's Secrets
Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,885 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Duration of Isla Ballestas tour?

When my wife and I went last June the boat trip lasted just over an hour and there was no time on any island.

We got very close to penguins and sea lions.

NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
768 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Duration of Isla Ballestas tour?

The trip is an hour or so and as said above, you are not allowed to get out of the boat. My kids enjoyed it. Are you doing the bus trip down and back just for this, though? I am not sure my kids would have considered it worth that long on a bus. I am not sure I would have.

3. Re: Duration of Isla Ballestas tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2016, 00:30
Takoma Park...
Level Contributor
165 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Duration of Isla Ballestas tour?

Ok great, that's very helpful, all. thank you.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
784 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Duration of Isla Ballestas tour?

1.5hours. i got sick. it was combination of the smell of bird doo-doo |& bumpy ride

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Duration of Isla Ballestas tour?

I usually get sick reading in a car!!! But when I took the tour to the Islas Ballestas I did not feel any sickness and the trip was worthwhile and we all enjoyed it very much.

It was awesome to see all the sea lions strolling on the beach and swimming around.

Can your doctor recommend you a pill to avoid seasickness?

Edited: 05 February 2011, 01:14
Takoma Park...
Level Contributor
165 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Duration of Isla Ballestas tour?

I think we can handle 1.5 hours and we definitely like wildlife as long as it's close.

Thanks for the responses. I love trip advisor.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Duration of Isla Ballestas tour?

Great! Do not forget the sunblock! Enjoy your trip!

Lima, Peru
14 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Duration of Isla Ballestas tour?

Round it up to 2 hours.

NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
768 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Duration of Isla Ballestas tour?

And I forgot to mention, there are two tour times a day for the island tours. The general thought, and we saw this to be true, is that the water is calmer for the earlier tour.