We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paracas or Ica?!

Sydney
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Topic
Paracas or Ica?!

Hi,

My husband and I r travelling to this region for a few days.

Want to see huacachina lagoon, the ballestas islands, visit some pisco vineyards and view a bit of NASCA lines (but only from a platform and not a plane!!)

Wondering where would be best to stay?! We r 30, love having a drink at the bar chatting to locals and bar tenders but enjoy midrange to luxury travel.

My husband is Peruvian born and we would enjoy a local touch/decor as opposed to staying at a Hilton or americanised hotel?!

Thx in advance,

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,384 posts
505 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paracas or Ica?!

Maybe Las Dunas hotel in Ica ?

But, Paracas is much nicer than the partly demolished by the 2007 earthquake Ica.

In Paracas you are at the beach as well. If you do not like the American Hilton hotel you can choose a different one. Check this forum for hotel recommendations in Paracas

Ica, Peru
Level Contributor
920 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paracas or Ica?!

Hello Claire,

I would recommend staying at Hotel Paracas. It is a luxury hotel in Paracas. It is a very beautiful hotel indeed, and it is not part of an American chain like Hilton.

If you will not be flying over the Nazca Lines, I definitely DO NOT recommend travelling to Nazca to go to the viewing platform. This is not worth the 6 hours of travelling from Paracas.

Instead, just stick to the Ballestas Islands, Paracas national reserve, dune buggy tour in Huacachina, and the wineries in Ica.

Sydney
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Paracas or Ica?!

Thankyou so much for your recommendations!

I definetly think Hotel Paracas will suit us and hopefully we can do all the daytrips from there.

To do Ballestas Islands, Paracas National Reserve, Dune Buggy and winery trip, am I right to think 4 days is enough time?

Thanks!

Ica, Peru
Level Contributor
920 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paracas or Ica?!

2 FULL days is enough time, actually.

On one day you can do Ballestas + Paracas Reserve. One the second day you can do winery and dune buggy.

5. Re: Paracas or Ica?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2014, 04:17