We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marble factory

Which Kansas City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
south central ks
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
marble factory

we plan on visiting over thanksgiving-our main destination is the moon marble factory-any other ideas for kid friendly things to do? (also easy on the checkbook!)

Estes Park, Colorado
Level Contributor
622 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: marble factory

Okay, you got my curiousity up... I had never heard of the Moon Marble Factory in Bonner Springs, KS. I googled them. For anyone interested here is the website http://www.moonmarble.com

Very unique!

What days of the holiday weekend will you be in KC? And what area of KC area are you most interested in?

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: marble factory

There is a marble factory here?????

thanksgiving is a good time to come to KC

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,451 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: marble factory

Moon Marble is great!

Since you will be out that direction, drive on up to Leavenworth. The CW Parker Carousel Museum is fabulous. Your $5 admission includes a ride on a 1913 Carry-Us-All. Additional rides are $1.

They also have Carousels from 1950 and the 1850s.

To help your checkbook, tour Fort Leavenworth. There is a free museum, some monuments, and lots of wonderful buildings from the 1800s. At the museum, you can pick up a guide for the driving tour.

Be sure and visit one of the National Cemeteries (one is on the grounds of the Fort, the other is on the south side of town). And check our the buffalo herd outside the big national Penitentiary near the Fort. All free.

To enter the Fort, they will require photo ID, and they will inspect the interior of your car.

If you are up there on Friday or Saturday, have lunch at The Corner Pharmacy. The building is beautiful and they have an old style drug store lunch counter. The food is good and the prices are better. A hand dipped shake served in a tall fountain glass with extra milkshake in the metal malt cup on the side is less than $2.50. They have daily lunch specials for under $4. I think Saturday they offer hot dog, fries and a soda for only $1.99.

south central ks
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: marble factory

We will be in kc 11/21-11/23- we are willing to go anywhere there is something of interest! Thanks for suggestions!!!!

5. Re: marble factory

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 13:20