We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Idea for spa in Kansas City

Which Kansas City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
arkansas
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need Idea for spa in Kansas City

My best girlfriend and I are going to be attending the Bon Jovi/Daughtery concert on April 17th in Kansas City. We are going to arrive early that morning and was hoping to find a nice day spa to pamper our selves prior to the concert. Does anyone have a suggestion? We had decided to do the spa and a nice lunch rather than the shopping this trip. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Idea for spa in Kansas City

Does it matter what part of the city the spa is in?

arkansas
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Idea for spa in Kansas City

No, not really. We are staying downtown at the Aladin.

Estes Park, Colorado
Level Contributor
622 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Idea for spa in Kansas City

Check out http://www.personakc.com/

I've never been, but a family member really enjoys it.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Idea for spa in Kansas City

Three thoughts:

* BeautyBrands Day Spa on the Plaza (See http://www.beautybrands.com/services ) Surrounded by restaurants and shops.

* ShineSpa (See http://www.shinespakc.com/index.php ) located in Westport District about 6-8 blocks north of the Plaza. A number of restaurants also available.

* Depending on what services you're looking for (i.e. your age and income...LOL) there is also a med spa on (or just west of) the Plaza called House of Elan. (See http://www.houseofelan.com/ )

arkansas
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Idea for spa in Kansas City

We are both in our mid 30's and not particularly picky about the cost just want an exceptional experience. Does that narrow it down?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Idea for spa in Kansas City

Sorry, apcab, my attempt at humor was lost in translation. As a "med" spa, the upscale House of Elan appears to target a specific market...clients attempting to beat back (or, at the very least, temporarily restrain) the hands of time...and they seem willing to pay for it.

Have not been (yet), but have heard some good things...

arkansas
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Idea for spa in Kansas City

That actually helps quite a bit. I had been looking at that website and was not quite sure if that was what we were looking for and you really helped explain it (LOL). We really just enjoy being pampered a little and sent on our way. I really do appreciate your input it is quite helpful!

Kansas City
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Idea for spa in Kansas City

There is a new spa in Briarcliff Village about 15 minutes north of downtown. Lots of upscale restaurants and shopping in that area also. I believe the spa is called Spa Tuscano. At Crown Center, just 5 minutes from your hotel, you might check out Naturally Spa. That is where Westin and Hyatt guests go. Crown Center offers nice restaurants and shopping also. You could also tour Hallmark Cards Visitor Center free.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,409 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need Idea for spa in Kansas City

Just wanted to mention that the Hallmark Visitor Center is more interesting than it sounds. I know, that shouldn't be hard:-)

It has original art by Winston Churchill, Norman Rockwell, and Grandma Moses. You can watch craftsmen at work. There is an interesting section on the Hallmark Hall of Fame TV series and a great section with commercials that Hallmark runs in other countries.

kansas city
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Need Idea for spa in Kansas City

The spa that they are talking about in Briar Cliff Village is called The Spa Tuscano... it is a wonderful spa... and well worth any drive its mins from downtown and easy to get there!! unbelievable massages and great guest service!!! you really leave feeling pampered and relaxed.... they do have a website that shows a virtual tour of the spa its beautiful.... they even have these 3 hot tubs that have water falls that fall on your shoulders massaging them while you relax. I have been there myself and would go back in a heart beat actualy i have another massage booked later this month so i will be going back!! the website is thespatuscano.com check it out!!! You can do a whole spa day where they include a lunch for you there as well so you never have to leave!! Thats my next appointment!!