We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Riverfront Heritage Trail & Safety

Salem, VA
Level Contributor
324 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
The Riverfront Heritage Trail & Safety

Is The Riverfront Heritage Trail safe for a solo female jogger during daylight hours? I'll be staying at the Marriot downtown (adjacent to the convention center) and the website touts it's proximity to the trail. Thanks for the info!

Kansas City
Level Contributor
416 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Riverfront Heritage Trail & Safety

I would not recommend jogging on the Riverfront Trail alone. The Marriot is really not that close anyway.

Here is where I would recommend going, all of which are just about a 10 minute drive South of the hotel.

Mill Creek Park - (JC Nichols and 47th Street) This is a 1 mile jogging path that sits right next to the Country Club Plaza. You will not be alone here as this is a very popular place for joggers and walkers. If you look on this map, its the green area in the upper right hand side that includes the JC Nichols Memorial Fountain:

http://map.countryclubplaza.com

Trolley Track Trail - Just around the corner from Mill Creek is the beginning of the Trolley Track Trail. (Volker and Brookside Blvd)

kcata.org/rider_guide/trolley_track_trail/

If you do not have a car you can utilize The Max bus system to easily get to both places from your hotel.

Finally, you might also want to check out Loose Park. Its also close to the other suggestions and its jogging path I believe is almost 2 miles.

…aol.com/kansascity/…v-111827751

Aliceville, KS
Level Contributor
35 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Riverfront Heritage Trail & Safety

I'd be fine with the Riverfront IF you can buddy-up with another runner ... you might cruise the workout facility at the Marriott. Otherwise, I'd be a little edgy about going it alone, and would second Greg's advice.

Salem, VA
Level Contributor
324 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Riverfront Heritage Trail & Safety

Thanks, folks. I appreciate the advice.

4. Re: The Riverfront Heritage Trail & Safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 22:18
Get answers to your questions about Kansas City