We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling distance from The Plaza to Olathe

Flower Mound, TX
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling distance from The Plaza to Olathe

Our family is going to freshman orientation in Olathe next week with our two teenagers. During a previous visit to MNU we stayed at a local motel in Olathe. We would like to stay in a more "active" area this trip and enjoy some time with our kids, shopping, eating out and seeing the sights. We were thinking of staying at the Embassy Suites near The Plaza. Do you know how long it would take us to travel from there to MNU in Olathe? We have to go back and forth a few times over the 3 days we are there. Thanks in advance for your help.

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling distance from The Plaza to Olathe

plan on 30 minutes each way

Aliceville, KS
Level Contributor
35 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling distance from The Plaza to Olathe

You might want to stay out in Olathe or Overland Park and voyage out from there. The Plaza/Westport would be good for a visit, as may be the Crossroads District or Downtown KC, MO. Better yet, head right up to I-435 & I-70 to The Legends at Village West, next to the speedway in KCK. They have movies, all the 'hot' teen shopping spots, Dave & Busters for games and food, live music events, etc., ... and for mom and dad there is Nebraska Furniture Mart and Bass Pro Shop, a good and growing variety of restaurants, etc. There are also several hotels in that area. I think your teens might have a better time at The Legends than at the Plaza ... at least mine would.

Aliceville, KS
Level Contributor
35 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling distance from The Plaza to Olathe

Oops! Bass Pro is actually in Olathe; Cabela's is at Village West ... dang these Mondays ...

4. Re: Traveling distance from The Plaza to Olathe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Kansas City