We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxis from airport to downtown

Which Kansas City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
taxis from airport to downtown

Will be in KC for just 24 hrs., reserved a car at the airport, $75 + $16 to park at the hotel downtown (Hilton) to see Tina Turner at the Sprint Center (which is walking distance from the Hilton). Would I be better off taking a cab to downtown, not to mention the time saved in getting/returning a rental? I hear that cabs in KC are pricey, but trying to weigh the choices. Thanks so much in advance for your response...

South Florida...
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxis from airport to downtown

I don't know if it is too late to change hotels but self parking at the Hyatt is complimentary plus they have one of the finest restaurants in K.C. The Peppercorn Duck Club. Go to www.cheapcars.com and see if by chance the hotel has a shuttle.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxis from airport to downtown

Gringo...we just spent the night at the Hyatt one week ago and had to pay $13.50 to self-park so how did you get complimentary parking?

South Florida...
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxis from airport to downtown

We parked outside to the left of the entrance and were told there was no charge and we were not charged on our bill

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxis from airport to downtown

So, how much is cab fare from KC airport to downtown?

Kansas City
Level Contributor
416 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxis from airport to downtown

Including tip it would be around $40-50. For a better estimate, Yellow Cab's number is 816-471-5000. While not as direct as a cab, SuperShuttle would save you some green.

http://www.supershuttle.com/

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxis from airport to downtown

cab may be the better option

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxis from airport to downtown

several years ago i lived downtown- $15 to the airport then. cant believe now $50 for a 15 min drive -crazy- hubby took cab from airport to olathe ( much longer trlip) for $30 recently

8. Re: taxis from airport to downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 02:20