We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

great fireworks spot??

Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
824 posts
235 reviews
Save Topic
great fireworks spot??

i'll be staying in independence over the 4th(I'll arrive around 4 pm)...wondered where a great place to see fireworks with little ones in tow is in your area...

Level Contributor
543 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: great fireworks spot??

The Kansas City Royals are in town that night, so they will have a fireworks show after the game. You could either attend the game, or simply drive close to the stadium, park and sit on blankets and watch them.

Here are other options:

…about.com/od/annualevents/tp/KC4thofJuly.htm

Sandy

Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
824 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: great fireworks spot??

royals game sounds great but they play at 12 pm...will they have works that late??? I can't seem to get their promotional schedule to load...

and do you know how crazy busy that riverfest will be??

thanks!!

KCMO
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: great fireworks spot??

You're right. Sounds like the fireworks are the night before. I think Riverfest will be packed. The Independence fireworks show should work well. Lee's Summit has a good display at Legacy Park and I bet Blue Springs has one too.

Level Contributor
543 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: great fireworks spot??

You guys are correct, the ball park display is Friday night. I have been to the display in Lee's Summit a few years back and it was very nice. Riverfest is too, but again, they all come with crowds.

Sorry about the confusion on the Royals game.

Sandy

5. Re: great fireworks spot??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2009, 05:18