We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BW Seville Plaza area

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
BW Seville Plaza area

Hello, coming to KC weekend of September 25-28. Have booked the Best Western Seville Plaza and now wondering if that is a good area to walk around in. We don't mind walking a few miles to get to the Plaza area but wondering if it is safe after dark. We will have a car but enjoy walking if possible. Also would like to go see Union Station and the new war museum, how is parking around these areas?

Mentioned in this post
Union Station
Union Station
2,018 Reviews
Kansas City, MO
kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BW Seville Plaza area

some will disagree with me but i would not walk back to hotel from Plaza after dark

Kansas
Level Contributor
496 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BW Seville Plaza area

The walk is not that far but this weekend is the Art Fair and there will be crowds. Crowds attract bad guys. I would have no issue with the walk myself but if your concerned and you have a car- you can play it safe and drive. However, the crowds for the fair could make parking a challenge. Either way, check with the hotel, they can help with safe routes and parking ideas.

Union Station has easy parking nearby. The World War One museum- known as the Liberty Memorial (a large concrete phallic symbol overlooking downtown) is on the top of a hill just South of the station. There is a path up to it but its a hike.

Ask directions at the station and they can direct you to the museum.

There is also an elevated pedestrian tube the connects "Crown Center Shops"- there's a good variety of restaurants and shopping there- very close.

Mentioned in this post
Union Station
Union Station
2,018 Reviews
Kansas City, MO
3. Re: BW Seville Plaza area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2010, 04:17