We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crown Center or Country Club Plaza

Iowa
Level Contributor
80 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Crown Center or Country Club Plaza

We are going to be spending a weekend in KC in December and I am trying to determine which area to stay in. What are the pluses and negatives from staying in the area of Crown Center and the Country Club Plaza. This is for my anniversary weekend and leaving kids at home. Both areas sounds great but not sure which one to pick.

Estes Park, Colorado
Level Contributor
622 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crown Center or Country Club Plaza

Both places will be very Christmasy. The Plaza would be the ultimate Christmas destination, followed by Crown Center being a close second. I actually enjoy the restaurants around Crown Center better. But you can't beat Christmas on the Plaza.

Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crown Center or Country Club Plaza

The Crown Center is an inside Mall with glass catwalks connecting it to nearby attractions.

The Plaza is an outdoor downtown area with beautiful buildings.

Does tis help?

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,515 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crown Center or Country Club Plaza

We've stayed both places and think the Plaza just has the right atmosphere for the holiday season, and you can visit Crown Center to ice skate and shop since it's not far from the Plaza.

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crown Center or Country Club Plaza

Stay on the plaza and visit crown center

Kansas
Level Contributor
458 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crown Center or Country Club Plaza

The Plaza would be my holiday/romance choice. Watch your weather forecast and dress accordingly. I would suggest getting a "room with a view" on the South side of Brush Creek- facing North to the lights. I would defer to someone

else on exactly which hotel offers the best hope for this.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
106 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crown Center or Country Club Plaza

Stay at the Plaza- the views and the walking experience will all be Christmasy-- then take a drive over to the Crown Center- like mentioned can be done walking the sky walks. If you want the Christmas look- the Plaza is the way to go- cant think of any negatives to staying there since the drive to Union Station/Crown center is short and easy. Staying at the Crown Center you will miss out on a shopping/river/lights/people/walking/horse carriages/ view- though eating dowtown at the top of the crown can be pretty! I love KC you will have a great time!

Kansas City
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Crown Center or Country Club Plaza

Stay on the plaza InterContinental Kansas City At The Plaza‎ would give you that best views, but remember you will have to pay but it is worth it.

I would recommend going to Crown Center especially dining at the Hyatt Hotel's Skies restaurant, it's a rooftop revolving restaurant which the views of the whole city are amazing. If not for dinner at least drinks and dessert you will not forget it.

Also note when you check out the Crown Center weekend parking is free so park on the east or west side of Grand Blvd and take the Link over to Hyatt Regency Crown Center and access an elevator in the Lobby. You'll won't regret it.

Also, don't forget to check out the Union Station lobby it's a free visit to the lobby to see it decorate for the holiday season.

8. Re: Crown Center or Country Club Plaza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2010, 05:21
Get answers to your questions about Kansas City