We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comfort Inn & Suites downtown

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,932 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Comfort Inn & Suites downtown

Website says 5 blocks from the Sprint Center,would you walk back from Sprint Center at night?

If not, how much for a taxi?

Kansas City...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Comfort Inn & Suites downtown

Mapchick...I wouldn't walk from the Sprint Center to the Comfort Inn at night, but it's probably only about a $7 cab fare. The Comfort Inn is a little off the beaten path from the other hotels in the downtown area. You could try the Marriott, Crowne Plaza, or President downtown for decent fares that you could walk to the Sprint Center or even try the two hotels in Crown Center (Hyatt and Westin). The Plaza area hotels (Hampton Inn is a reasonable one) is probably a $12 cab fare and the Plaza is something to see.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Comfort Inn & Suites downtown

Although most of the area around the sprint center itself is relatively safe, the area between there and Comfort Inn is not someplace you do not want to walk, especialy at night.

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,932 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comfort Inn & Suites downtown

Thanks Jenn & MB, I'll check out your suggestions.

Salem, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
794 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comfort Inn & Suites downtown

I agree with this advice. The Sprint Center's immediate area is quite safe, but is within walking distance of some less than desirable areas. Be safe and take a taxi or pick a different hotel.

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,932 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Comfort Inn & Suites downtown

I found a rate of $80 a night for Hotel Phillips, so I booked it yesterday, thanks all!

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Comfort Inn & Suites downtown

Great rate on the hotel

Love your newsletter!!!

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,932 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Comfort Inn & Suites downtown

thanks Katie ;)

8. Re: Comfort Inn & Suites downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2011, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Kansas City