We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Megabus drop off to Kansas City International Airport

Which Kansas City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
virginia
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Megabus drop off to Kansas City International Airport

We are traveling into Kansas City on Megabus, arriving in early evening in mid May.

What is the best way to get from the bus drop off point (listed as 3rd and Grand Ave Metrocenter) out to Kansas City International airport? (MCI)

Our options might be Super Shuttle or similar, taxi, or city bus, correct? Any tips on the options?

Looking at Google Street view, the spot seems to be a slightly wider corner, with a parking lot nearby.

Salem, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
794 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Megabus drop off to Kansas City International Airport

I really don't have any suggestions. It's a pretty far taxi ride. I don't know that a city bus goes all the way to the airport. Maybe someone else will be able to offer advice. Public transportation is a bit sparse around here.

Michelle

KCK
Level Contributor
864 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Megabus drop off to Kansas City International Airport

Super Shuttle might be your best bet. I am not sure the Metro bus runs to the airport much after 6:00. If you look at the Super Shuttle website, enter your location as Steamboat Arabia, that is at 4th and Grand.

virginia
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Megabus drop off to Kansas City International Airport

Very helpful. Now that we know a landmark, it seems our family will be able to pick us up near the bus stop. We have been to the museum. If anything happens, we can always call Super Shuttle. Thanks!

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Kansas City
Level Contributor
525 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Megabus drop off to Kansas City International Airport

You can take the I-29 Express Bus, catch it at around 10th and Main, and it will drop you off right at Terminal C i believe. I have taken this a couple times and it works great for afternoon or morning flights, it's not a good option at night, you have to call for a scheduled pickup for anything after 6pm

kcata.org/maps_schedules/…

The megabus stop is at 3 and grand, so you will have to walk a little bit to catch that bus.

This is the cheapest way to get to the airport, 1.50 sure beats 20 or more via cab or shuttle

5. Re: Megabus drop off to Kansas City International Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 03:19