We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel close to Kemper Arena

Which Kansas City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nebraska
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel close to Kemper Arena

My wife and I are going to be in Kansas City in July for a concert at Kemper Arena. Where would be a good place to stay close to Kemper Arena???

Also would you drive to Kemper arena from the hotel or take a taxi??

Any suggestions would be GREAT!!!

Thank you

Kansas City
Level Contributor
416 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel close to Kemper Arena

Kemper Arena is located in the West Bottoms which is directly west of downtown. Any hotel in the downtown area would put you just minutes from the arena. (There are no hotels withing walking distince) Keep in mind however that traffic can really back up if its a large concert so allow plenty of time to get in. I've been to a lot of shows (big and small) at Kemper and have never really had trouble getting in, its getting out where you will need to have some patience. Because of that, I would not reccomend taking a cab because the fare will really rack up quick sitting in traffic.

If you dont like staying downtown, I suggest the Country Club Plaza or Westport area. You will find lots of activity there for after concert entertainment (espicially if its a weekend) and you will still be only 15 minutes from Kemper.

Blue Springs...
Level Contributor
621 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel close to Kemper Arena

The Phillips hotel downtown has packages that sometimes will include transportation to an event or even shopping, it is an antique type hotel and kindof pricey but cheaper than a dui, lol

The hotels by the Royals/Chiefs stadiums also have package deals with transportation to events.

Good Luck