We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prom dress

Missouri
Level Contributor
247 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
prom dress

I know this is a wierd question for a travel forum, but I need to know where to shop for a prom dress in the Kansas City area as we will be spending the weekend there in a few weeks. If anybody has any suggestions on a unique boutique or large store. My daughter is looking for something unique and $500 or less. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,518 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: prom dress

Kansas City (KS and MO) is a large area...where are you staying?

Missouri
Level Contributor
247 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: prom dress

Lee's Summit but am willing to drive anywhere to get "the" dress :)

Salem, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
794 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: prom dress

Try Hall's Department Store at the Plaza or Nordstrom's at Oak Park Mall. You also have Macy's or Dillard's, but they carry a lot of the same brands and you wont find anything unique.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,518 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: prom dress

I was also thinking the Plaza :)

KCMO
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: prom dress

Dave's Bridal has some really pretty dresses. We have purchased a few prom dresses from Macy's too. Independence center is about 10 minutes from Lee's Summit. Depending how unusual you want, they have Debs, and Macy's in it along with JC Penny's just down the street.

Missouri
Level Contributor
247 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: prom dress

Thank you all so much for your responses! Looks like we will probably head to the Plaza first!

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: prom dress

Group USA in Olathe has a ton of dresses- the great mall itself is a dud but nice dress store

8. Re: prom dress

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2013, 09:26
Get answers to your questions about Kansas City