We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KC Downtown lodging

Which Kansas City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
LIncoln, NE
Level Contributor
802 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
KC Downtown lodging

Will be in KC the weekend if 5/18th and 19th to see Jersey Boys. Wanted to stay within walking distance, but evidently, something big is going on that weekend as the hotels I've checked are all booked. Did find a room at the Aladdin and the Hotel Savoy. Neither looked to be a very good choice. Any comments on something else closer or feedback on recent stays. Also, looking for suggestions on things to do that while in the area or close by for a few days. (NOT SHOPPING) We have about four or five days to spend on a get-away from Lincoln .

Thanks in advance for any help.

We will have a car. Thanks

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
15 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KC Downtown lodging

I can not help on the hotel, sorry.

But as for things to see in the area, I recommend you check out the Steamboat Arabia. It is wonderful. Also the World War One memorial is great, even if you are not a big war buff. There is so much history there. And it is well done.

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KC Downtown lodging

i really liked to Aladdin hotel a few years ago when we stayed there

Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
253 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KC Downtown lodging

For downtown lodging the following are good choices:

The Hilton President

Hotel Phillips

The Marriott

Crown Center is not too far, there you have:

The Westin Crown Center

The Sheraton

The Plaza is not far either and a great hotel there is The Raphael.

For entertainment, check out:

The World War I Museum @ Liberty Memorial

The Nelson Atkins Museum of Art

The Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art

The Negro League Baseball Museum

The College Basketball Experience and Hall of Fame

Great Restaurants:

Le Fou Frog

The Farmhouse

Michael Smith's

Extra Virgin

The Rieger

Westside Local

Webster House

Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
253 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: KC Downtown lodging

The Royals are beginning inter league play that weekend as well, so going out to the "K" would be a great experience. It's a beautiful ballpark and the tickets are reasonable.

LIncoln, NE
Level Contributor
802 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: KC Downtown lodging

Thanks for your suggestions. For Hotels, we had already checked a majority of ones within walking distance to the Music Hall and for some reason, there's something going on that weekend and all were already booked except the two I mentioned. But for sure, we will try to take in your sightseeing and restaurant suggestions.

LIncoln, NE
Level Contributor
802 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: KC Downtown lodging

Thanks the ratings didn't seem all that great, so it's nice to have a personal recomendation. Evidently, it has recently been re-vamped, so should be an OK choice. Appreicate your response.

7. Re: KC Downtown lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 16:16