We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where not to stay

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for New Mexico, Albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
Where not to stay

Thanks first for all the info on steakhouses, chicken and BBQ. You all were most helpful.

Now, we have another question. We are driving in from Albuquerque, We will be entering the city on I-35 into Overland Park, etc. Don't really want to stay out by the airport, as we would want to be in close to everything without driving long distances. The downtown area, from what I can see is really expensive. Can you tell me of the outlying areas where we shouldn't stay, ie: bad neighborhoods. Is Overland Park and area o.k.? It looks fairly close to the major attractions.

Thanks so much for your help.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
15 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where not to stay

Overland Park, Olathe, Shawnee are all good areas. There are many hotels near the Overland Park Convention Center. And that is just off of 435 and a couple of miles over to 35.

Salem, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
794 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where not to stay

I agree with Jennifer. Because of the direction you are coming from, Overland Park should be fine for you. Keep in mind, though, that there can be commuting traffic during the week, although metro-KC area traffic is not usually all that bad.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,898 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where not to stay

The Comfort Inn at I-35 and 95th Street in Lenexa has become the regular place for our family in the kC metro. Fair price, decent facility and good service.

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Kansas City
Level Contributor
583 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where not to stay

What dates are you coming in? You can usually find some really good deals doing the priceline name your own price, sometimes you can get hotels downtown or on the plaza for 50 a night

Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
253 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where not to stay

I agree, you can find good deal around the Plaza for cheap. Overland Park and Leawood are very nice areas, they have a lot of hotels too. If you want to stay in an area that has more to do in that part, try the Sheraton on College Blvd or Eloft in Park Place.

KC-MO
Level Contributor
2 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where not to stay

I would try the Raphael on the plaza

There is zero. Nothing in overland park iris all residential

Go to the plaza area

KC-MO
Level Contributor
2 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where not to stay

I would try the Raphael on the plaza

There is zero. Nothing in overland park iris all residential

Go to the plaza area

8. Re: Where not to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2013, 20:16
Get answers to your questions about Kansas City