We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting KC for Chiefs Game need Good Hotel

Visiting KC for Chiefs Game need Good Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2013, 18:13
kansas city
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting KC for Chiefs Game need Good Hotel

www.powerandlightdistrict.com

Tailgating is the best at the stadium.

Salem, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
794 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting KC for Chiefs Game need Good Hotel

I'm sure the Marriott Downtown will be fine. You might also look at the Ambassador Hotel Downtown - it has some recent favorable reviews and is just a block from the Power and Light District.

And yes, Arrowhead's parking lots are the best place for tailgating. It's an experience to just go and walk around and take in the sights and smells. And Chiefs/Raiders will bring out the "best" of the craziness!

Enjoy your Arrowhead experience!

Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
253 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting KC for Chiefs Game need Good Hotel

I'm in my 30's and also a Chiefs season ticket holder. The Hotel President downtown is a great hotel. The Ambassador is brand new and a boutique hotel, so that is not a bad place either.

Some great bars would be:

Manifesto

Garment House

Flying Saucer

The Cashew

The Foundry

Kelly's Westport Inn

Gusto

The Union

Make sure you leave early for tailgating if you want to get a good spot and get set up. Of course, that game is a 3:00 kickoff so if you leave by 11:30 you should be fine.

Missouri
Level Contributor
68 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting KC for Chiefs Game need Good Hotel

My pick for the best hotel that's actually in the P&L District would be the Hilton President Kansas City; however, the Marriott Downtown should be just fine. The Ambassador is also very good and it's close to the district.

As far as your other question is concerned, just make your way through the Power and Light District and you'll find plenty of options that are all pretty good.

Idaho Falls, Idaho
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting KC for Chiefs Game need Good Hotel

My parents are also going to be staying at the Marriott downtown. I was wondering if anyone knows of any good <a href="http://pieroguys.com">restaurants</a> in the area that I could buy them a gift certificate to. They are pretty frugal people and I want them to be able to go out while they are in town.

Salem, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
794 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting KC for Chiefs Game need Good Hotel

If your parents like seafood, the Bristol is good. If they want a steak, the Majestic Steakhouse has been getting better reviews and has a lot of atmosphere. Usually there is live jazz on weekends. Maker's Mark is right there in the P&L district.

Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
253 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting KC for Chiefs Game need Good Hotel

Bristol is a good atmosphere, but the food has gone downhill. The best restaurant in that area is Le Fou Frog in the River Market. After that I'd check out the Rieger Hotel or Extra Virgin.

The Majestic did get better for a little while, then Alex Pope left to start his own butcher shop and they haven't quite recovered.

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Kansas City
Level Contributor
575 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visiting KC for Chiefs Game need Good Hotel

^I don't think Alex Pope was ever at Majestic. He was at R Bar then left to start his own butcher shop and before R Bar he was at the American Restaurant. I have heard that the Majestic has actually gotten better then in previous years

9. Re: Visiting KC for Chiefs Game need Good Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2013, 18:13
Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
253 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visiting KC for Chiefs Game need Good Hotel

Yes, Alex Pope left R Bar and then went to the Majestic for a brief stint before opening his shop.

I have not personally dined at the Majestic in years. I never liked the service or the food. But, it may have changed. The few I know that have been there weren't impressed. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions though.

Get answers to your questions about Kansas City