We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Argosy hotel rooms versus which Las Vegas hotels?

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Wichita
Level Contributor
675 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Argosy hotel rooms versus which Las Vegas hotels?

Going to Vegas this spring and trying to get an idea of which hotels have rooms comparable to Argosy.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
266 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Argosy hotel rooms versus which Las Vegas hotels?

Might try the Las Vegas forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g45963-i10-Las_Veg…

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Wichita
Level Contributor
675 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Argosy hotel rooms versus which Las Vegas hotels?

I have. Several have looked at the website and gave their opinion. But someone suggested I post here, too. Thought someone here that goes to Argosy, would have been to Vegas, too.

missouri
Destination Expert
for Branson
Level Contributor
780 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Argosy hotel rooms versus which Las Vegas hotels?

Our daughter and sil have stayed at Argosy and in 2012 spent several days in a Tower Room at Caesars in Vegas. They said the Argosy room is comparable to the Tower Room they stayed in at Caesars. Also said that Argosy rooms are much nicer than some of the moderately priced rooms they have stayed in in Vegas on the Strip.

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Wichita
Level Contributor
675 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Argosy hotel rooms versus which Las Vegas hotels?

Thanks, shis1!

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,515 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Argosy hotel rooms versus which Las Vegas hotels?

We just returned from Vegas so just seeing your inquiry, and the closest (and even nicer accomodations) that we had were at the M which is a sister property to the Argosy. The room was awesome and faced north so had a panoramic view of Las Vegas, the bed and bedding was the nicest we've had about anywhere, there was a shower, two sinks, toilet in a separate room, and the bathtub also faced the strip and had a view! The furnishings were similar but even nicer than the Argosy. They have the Hostile Grape Wine Cellar with free daily wine tastings, the pool area is very nice (although this isn't pool season), they have the best buffet in Vegas (in our opinion), etc, etc, etc. The downside...and this is a huge negative for many people...is that the property sits about 5-7 miles south of Mandalay Bay so unless you have a rental car, it isn't a great option no matter how nice the accomodations.

If you want to stay on the strip, I would suggest looking at the following:

Caesar's Palace, Cosmo, Aria, Planet Hollywood, and (for the price) the Mirage since it will run less probably than the others and is a perfect location on the strip for us. If you have any questions, please send me a personal message since I am not on here every day but do try to check in when I have time :)

6. Re: Argosy hotel rooms versus which Las Vegas hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2014, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Kansas City
Recent Conversations