We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for a Royals game, wWI Museum

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
930 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay for a Royals game, wWI Museum

My son and I are headed down the home stretch in our attempt to watch a game in each MLB stadium. Vacation time for this endeavor is limited this year, so we are looking at a long weekend to add a stadium to our list. Kaufman Stadium is one of our last 7 to hit.

If we were to attend, we would be looking at flying in late Thursday night, heading home on Monday (two days of my vacation). We would plan on seeing two or three games while we were in town, leaving Friday and Saturday day time for other sightseeing. We would want to spend one day at the World War I Museum - not sure what we would do the other day (beside making sure we drive to Kansas to add one more state to our list).

Looking for hotel recommendations - either specific hotels or areas to stay in where I can review the TA reports.

Thanks.

Apple Valley...
Level Contributor
798 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for a Royals game, wWI Museum

I would stay at Crown Center which is central to many areas, including the WW1 Museum. I believe the hotels may even offer stadium/game shuttles? Sheraton or Westin hotels there and there is also the shopping and restaurants of Crown Center/Union Station, the Legoland and new acquarium and hallmark museum attractions. Short drive to downtown Power & Light District and the basketball attraction, and Vine St attractions. Short drive to the Plaza for obvious shopping and restaurants as well.

How old is your son? KC also has a theme park and water park, Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun near the stadium in fact.

For the Kansas side, if you just want to check it off a list, I would maybe head straight across I-70 West and go to the Legends area. Shopping and restaurants as well. Its near the speedway, renaissance fairgrounds, minor league baseball and soccer I believe. There is comedy club, movie theater, bowling, etc. Dinosaur themed Rainforest Cafe restaurant when I was there.

missouri
Destination Expert
for Branson
Level Contributor
780 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for a Royals game, wWI Museum

Not sure what price range you are thinking for hotels, but there is a new Drury Inn in Independence on Interstate 70 that would be less than a 30 minute drive to the ballpark.

Salem, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
794 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay for a Royals game, wWI Museum

As a matter of fact, it would be less than 15 minutes to the park. There is another Drury Inn right across from the park but it is older and may be "tired." There are several hotels in the area of Little Blue Parkway in Independence that are all relatively new and all within15 minutes of the park.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
228 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay for a Royals game, wWI Museum

as prevously mentioned, Crown Center area is your best bet with the most to see and do. Very nice area. If you research it you will see a couple different nice hotel options.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
62 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay for a Royals game, wWI Museum

I live in the area and would check out the Q hotel in Westport which provides free breakfast and and shuttle service to parts of KC and sometimes has baseball shuttles or gets you to one of the stops. Since you are baseball fans, go to the Negro League Hall of Fame. It's great and will only take an hour to hour and a half. It's especially meaningful if you see the movie 42. You used to get a discount with Royals tickets.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
62 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay for a Royals game, wWI Museum

I live in the area and would check out the Q hotel in Westport which provides free breakfast and and shuttle service to parts of KC and sometimes has baseball shuttles or gets you to one of the stops. Since you are baseball fans, go to the Negro League Hall of Fame. It's great and will only take an hour to hour and a half. It's especially meaningful if you see the movie 42. You used to get a discount with Royals tickets.

7. Re: Where to stay for a Royals game, wWI Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Kansas City