We visit Kansas City a few times a year, but this time we won't have a 13-year-old along! So we want to do stuff we can't do when he's with us. We are staying at the Q Hotel near Westport. A bonus is they have a shuttle that will take us to the Plaza, downtown (3 mile radius of hotel), so then we don't have to worry about parking. We're willing to drive to other parts of the city though.
* My husband would like to listen to live blues or jazz somewhere in the evenings. I like live music (though not blues or jazz so much), but don't see a lot on event calendars for this Sat-Tues.
* I'd like to go to a piano bar or a comedy club. I am 49 and he's 69, so we're not looking for a place full of 20-somethings!
* I'm a shopper...usually end up at malls in Overland Park. But looking for an area or two of unique shops. Ideas?
* May go to the Art Museum, WW1 Museum, Negro Leagues Museum.
* We've been to BBQ places. Might try a Brazilian Steakhouse or someplace where the kid would never want to go. Not super pricey, just nice and different. Suggestions?
Open to recommendations from locals. Thanks so much.