We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jackson County MO Campground Recomendations

Blair
2 posts
Save Topic
Jackson County MO Campground Recomendations

We are planning a vacation to the KC Area the last week of July 2014. We are trying to decide which campground to choose in Jackson County Mo. Jacoma, Longview or Blue Springs Campground? We are traveling with a travel trailer and have two kids 10 and 7. We will be spending some time at the campground doing camping activities (swimming, biking, hiking), and spending some time exploring KC (Worlds of fun, museums, shopping). We really like pretty campgrounds with nice views and maybe even have water views or water nearby. Any recommendations that anyone could give with be great. Or if someone has a better place to stay near KC, we would take those recommendations also. Thanks.

City Market
Flea & Street Markets
Crown Center
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Shopping Malls, Gift & Speciality Shops
Power and Light District
Gift & Speciality Shops
Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jackson County MO Campground Recomendations

We camped at Longview before and enjoyed it. I don't remember it being the prettiest campground I've ever visited but it served our needs. We visited the other 2 campgrounds and I think they might be a bit more scenic.

Kansas City MO
Level Contributor
24 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jackson County MO Campground Recomendations

I know Longview has a swimming beach, it is not close enough to walk to from the campgrounds but there is one.

Jacomo has a marina and rents boats ect.

I think Blue Springs is the newest, therefore the least amount of shade as they always seem to chop down trees and plant new ones whenever they make a campground.

Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
129 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jackson County MO Campground Recomendations

Hope I'm not too late on this. If you don't mind a little drive check out Weston SP in Weston, MO (closer to Worlds of Fun) Blue Springs campground is like camping in somebody's back yard...houses and back yards back up to it. Longview is wide open, not the safest part of the city. Jacomo is small and quaint, close to the lake. We live in Blue Springs and take the 40 min. trip to Weston and camp all the time. Great hiking, neat town nearby, great small campground. Spot 28 makes the top 10 State Park campsites in MO. mostateparks.com/blog/tips-experts/58660/top…

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jackson County MO Campground Recomendations

You probably have a space booked already but I will weigh in for the sake of others. My family has camped many times at lake Jacomo and love it! You can book a site online. http://www.jacksongov.org/campgrounds/. It is full of big shady trees and some full hook up camp sites over look the lake. It has a small playground and a short hiking trail through the woods. My kids favorite thing to do is ride their bikes around the paved road that circles through the campground. It does not have a swim beach but you can rent a pontoon (no dogs allowed) for the day and swim out in the lake. Just 5 minutes away is a great inside place for kids called paradise park. www.paradise-park.com If the weather is hot we go there and play games, ride go carts or play mini golf. Enjoy your stay!

5. Re: Jackson County MO Campground Recomendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Kansas City