We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel ?

Which Kansas City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wichita, Ks.
9 posts
Save Topic
Hotel ?

My husband and I along with our 13 year old son will be in Kansas City for 1 night just for shopping, sightseeing, etc. I was hoping someone could recommend a good hotel for us. We can spend up to about $120 for the room. Thanks in advance.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel ?

Try priceline.com... You can bid on an area of the city and a star level... I got the Westin downtown (4 star and attached to the mall at Crowne Centre) for $70 a night plus taxes...

Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel ?

I recently got the Sheraton Suites on the Plaza for under $100 via priceline.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
416 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel ?

My advice would be to stay on/near the Country Club Plaza. There are a couple hotels in your price range just a quick walk or short drive.

Holiday Inn at The Plaza

Best Western Seville Plaza Hotel

You might find a few others in your price range on the Plaza depending on when you will be on town.

Others have mentioned Priceline but keep in mind that when you bid your own price, you are not guaranteed more than 1 bed. (Its a great tool when your not too picky about where you are staying)

Kansas City
Level Contributor
416 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel ?

And one final thing, by staying on the Plaza you will avoid those nasty parking charges that many of the Dowtown hotels charge.

Missouri
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel ?

The Hyatt Regency is wonderful, you can usually get great deals for families. We have stayed there several times, very nice place!!!!

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel ?

Check out the Courtyard by Marriott at the Plaza. You can get weekends for $99 a night through their web site, and the location is only 1 block from the Plaza. Awesome brand new hotel in a historic building.

7. Re: Hotel ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 07:20