We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unusual restaurants

Omaha
Level Contributor
115 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Unusual restaurants

My wife and I will be in Kansas City/Overland Park area next weekend and are looking for an unusual restaurant for Saturday night. Looking for anything unusual. Example: two years ago we were in Madison Wisconsin and dined at a restaurant that used to be a horse stable.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Kansas City
Level Contributor
568 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unusual restaurants

Fritzs delivers your food on a train.

Prairie Village, KS
Level Contributor
87 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unusual restaurants

Unquestionably the best place to go for cocktails is Manifesto, in the basement of The Rieger on 20th/Main downtown. All of my out-of-town guests get treated to a couple rounds at Manifesto before going to eat somewhere. You can eat upstairs at the Rieger, which is good, but the real treat is the dark, old dungeon down below. You need to text for reservations (and do it early, they book up quickly on weekends):

http://www.theriegerkc.com/manifesto/

Fritz's, although cool, is for kids, not an adult meal.

Missouri
Level Contributor
68 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unusual restaurants

You might want to consider one of the restaurants at the Freight House. There are three restaurants in the building: Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbecue - Downtown, Grunauer, or Lidia's Restaurant. The Freight House is a 500 ft long building that was constructed in 1887 to house freight unloaded by trains.

4. Re: Unusual restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Kansas City