We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

20 & 24 YOs driving through - must do's?

Claremont...
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
20 & 24 YOs driving through - must do's?

Hello!

My brother (24) and I (20) are stopping in KC for a day on a road trip from FL to CA at the end of July.

We're definitely going to eat at Oklahoma Joe's; is there anything else particularly fun or interesting we should get on our list? We LOVE kitchy/goofy things, and "local eats."

Thanks!!

Kansas City
Level Contributor
100 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 20 & 24 YOs driving through - must do's?

Good choice with OK Joe's!

Fun local eats - Chez Elle (crepes), Happy Gillis, Westside Local, Taco Republic (across from OK Joe's)

Things to do - if you are there on a Thursday, check out the free concerts at KC Power and Light - you'd love them. The Country Club Plaza is really beautiful and a fun place to shop/walk around. You pretty much can't go wrong with any of the restaurants in that area. If Sporting KC happens to be playing while you are in town, get tickets (reasonably price - go for the "Cauldron" section if you can get them).

Have fun!

Kansas City
Level Contributor
36 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 20 & 24 YOs driving through - must do's?

Schlitterban?

Kansas City
Level Contributor
100 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 20 & 24 YOs driving through - must do's?

Not sure about Schlitterbahn - they did just get the tallest water slide in the world - has been big news. Looks scary! I haven't heard great things about it (pre new slide). Maybe a day at Worlds of Fun would be more fun?

KCK
Level Contributor
867 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 20 & 24 YOs driving through - must do's?

This might fit with kitchy/goofy, and I have heard it is really kind of neat. Moon Marble Company

http://www.moonmarble.com/

Missouri
Level Contributor
13 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 20 & 24 YOs driving through - must do's?

Schlitterbaun is awesome! you can get around the whole waterpark by water!

6. Re: 20 & 24 YOs driving through - must do's?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Kansas City