We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southwood Shores Condos

Mascoutah, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Southwood Shores Condos

Has anyone stayed at the Southwood Shores Condos? I found them on the internet and they look very nice for the price. Would love to hear from someone who has stayed there.

Missouri
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Southwood Shores Condos

Yes, in fact we loved it so much we purchased one.

We have a one bedroom with a full kitchen and livingroom, full bath with all the appliances you have at home. Sleeps six people. Its great they have an indoor pool with bathrooms and two hot tubs, playground, tennis court and baseketball court, fish cleaning house, club house, outdoor pool with bathrooms, the gas station and convenience store is at the entrance of Southwood shores, Also we have a walkway all around our lake front, feed the ducks and fish right there, If the lakes your thing, we have a swimming platform roped off for lake swimming.

Get started supplies furnished,linens furnished,

washer/dryer, dishwasher, refrigerator with ice maker, pots, pans, dishs, etc.

If you would like to rent you can reach us at 636/343-6567

Missouri
2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Southwood Shores Condos

Yes, we purchased one.

Our unit has been redone by us, new carpet,new sheets,towels, dishes, etc. very nice. I love to go down there. I live in a million dollar home in St. Louis I'm picky! But our condo is very nice and just enough to get away for a few days whenever we want. We also rent out our condo.

I disagree with some of the comments, We have all new decks, redid the pools, all new driveways, just painted the buildings, they take very good care of this complex. Before we purchased we stayed at Tan-Tar-a and four seasons - I would say they were not very good at all. the pools were not close unless you get a room close to the pool and the room close to the pool are 3rd class.

Southwood shores has several owner parties evry year and that is the only time it can get loud. Our condo is up on the hill and is very quite. We also have vaulted ceilings and it is decorated very well,

We have extremely nice notes from people in out guest book. They usually love how convenient it is nd the price is great!

We rent our condo 636/3436567

Bethalto IL
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Southwood Shores Condos

We have never stayed there but we do own a condo just down the road, and did look at them when we wanted to buy! They are nice, but the property has alot of rental, so you never know who your neighbors are going to be, or how loud they are going to be, but does have a nice indoor pool in case of nasty weather! I think if you are not in for a quiet weekend you should be fine!

Auburn, IL
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Southwood Shores Condos

My girlfriends and I had never been to the Ozarks and picked Southwoods Shores Condos to stay at because of the location and price. Overall, we rated it a 3 out of 5 because of location, price and amenities, but had a couple issues:

1. The hot water heater breaker had been shut off. Imagine our surprise when we tried to use the faucets and showers and the only thing coming out was freezing water. The heater took about an hour to finallly heat up.

2. After a LONG day of shopping at the outlet mall, we realized maid service hadn't come to give us fresh towels (we had 1 clean towel left in a room of 7 women). The office was closed by the time we realized the towel situation, so we just used the towels we brought for the pool. Upon checking out, I told the lady we didn't have maid service and she said that we were supposed to bring our room towels to the office when we wanted new ones. It would have been nice for the lady who checked us in to tell us this. We would have happily done it to get fresh ones...we just didn't realize maid service wasn't provided.

By the way...DON'T lose one of the 2 room keys you get...they charge you $5 to replace the plastic key if someone in your party forgets to return it. Ridiculous for a piece of plastic if you ask me.

Illinois
7 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Southwood Shores Condos

A much better choice in that area is Regatta Bay. Higher quality, great location. We stayed in a beautiful condo rebted directly by the owner. Go to www.vrbo.com. The one that we used was fabulous, it was listing # 72750 on VRBO.

16. Re: Southwood Shores Condos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2010, 06:21