We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabins or houses for rent, where is the best place to stay??

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cabins or houses for rent, where is the best place to stay??

There are about 3 or 4 of us couples coming to the Ozarks the first week of August. Everyone says to stay by the Party Cove? where is that? any suggestions on where to stay, any condo's or townhouses for reasonable rent??

Paradise Parasail Inc.
Boat Tours, Water Sports, Parasailing & Paragliding, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours
Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
548 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabins or houses for rent, where is the best place to stay??

The closest condos to Party Cove is called Parkview. Pretty nice.

St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabins or houses for rent, where is the best place to stay??

Party cove is located on the Anderson arm of the lake inside the state park just after you go under the Grand Glaize bridge. Stay in Osage Beach near the Grand Glaize bridge if you want to be close to Party Cove. Here is a website where you can find many codos/houses available for rent, the description usually tells how close to party cove/state park/grand glaize bridge. Check this out:

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/missouri#3630

Frisco, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabins or houses for rent, where is the best place to stay??

We just came back this weekend from the Ozarks. We stayed at a little 'resort' called Eagle's Nest Resort in Sunrise Beach. The owners are from Colorado - he's a retired vet and she's a broker/realtor. The property has several types of rentals ranging from tiny cabins to 4-5 bedroom house. Some units allow pets. This place is on the west side of the lake - the much quieter and much less developed side. If you're looking for shwank condos and hotels and lots of traffic, go to the east side. Sky, the owner, decorated each cabin and she did a very nice job of it. The grounds and units are spotless and there are lots and lots of beautiful plants and flowers. For a large group, I think that the largest house, closest to the lake is the best bet. My husband and I took a little tour and loved it. The resort has a game room, meeting room, outdoor pavilion, outdoor sitting areas throughout, several boat and swimming docks. The docks vary in amenities. For example, one dock has all the furnishings, music and wet slide. Another has the same plus a small fridge and a wetbar (for you to set up with drinks yourself), They provide lots of noodles and a paddleboat. If you have your own boat, you can get a slip right there. You can rent a boat also. We checked out Dogwood Resort, Glen Cove Yacht and Marina and Aqua Toys. Glen Cove was nearly twice the rate of the other two. Dogwood is closest to Eagles Nest (not that easy to find and a place you probably wouldn't want to stay in). Aqua Toys is in Osage Beach. We reserved a boat from Aqua Toys but had to cancel because of rain. Party Cove is on the east side and that's where boats all tie up to each other and basically party all day. I don't know much more about it. Eagle's Nest website does not post rates or availability - you have to call. Just beware - we were lucky to connect with Eagle's Nest. While we were there we did a lot of driving around and there are lots of places that put 'resort' in their name. We saw some major dumps.

We travel with our dogs. Sky and Bill are strict about leash rules and 'potty' zones which is great for everyone. They are animal lovers!

For a small fee, Bill will take you across the lake in his boat to The Horny Toad restaurant and entertainment complex. Food is good and it's a good party place on the weekends. It takes about 5-7 minutes to get to The Horny Toad by water. It takes about 40-45 minutes by car.

We played golf at the Indian Rock Golf Club (public). Sky can get you a 20% discount if you play after 10:30. The course is interesting - lots of uneven lies and a few holes where the fairway is way above you and you're hitting blind. We paid $40/per person. There are other courses to pick from - semi private as well.

Laurie is the nearest town - about a 10 minute drive. We did our grocery shopping there. There's a movie theater as well.

Although I haven't stayed there, I hear that Crystal Water Villas is also a nice place - it's in Gravois Mills.

Good luck.

Frisco, Texas

Kansas City...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabins or houses for rent, where is the best place to stay??

I am actually in need of finding a place to rent also. Myself and about 19 other people are trying to find a cabin to rent for a week at the Ozarks. We are doing this for a senior trip, so we would like for it to be close to some attractions. Does anyone know of a good spot? And even though there are going to be 20 of us, we can stay in a spot that sleeps about 12. We can sqeeze! If anyone could help me out on this, that would be great! Thanks!

crystal lake
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabins or houses for rent, where is the best place to stay??

My friends and I, about 10 to 12 people total, are looking for a house or condo rental near Party Cove. We're going for a bachelor party for the weekend in July or August. I've heard we should stay at the Resort & Yacht Club at Toad Cove. Has anyone stayed at the resort or in one of there condo/home rentals? Is there anywhere else we should stay?

Lake of the Ozarks...
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabins or houses for rent, where is the best place to stay??

I have made several posts on the Osage Beach, Lake Ozark and Missouri forums that several of you in this thread might find helpful. You may go to my public profile, contributions and recent forum posts to view them. I am a full-time resident here at the lake and would be happy to help in any way possible.

Iowa
Level Contributor
92 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabins or houses for rent, where is the best place to stay??

Check out www.myresortnetwork.com - bargin with them! Some wil take less.

saint charles mo
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Cabins or houses for rent, where is the best place to stay??

yea party cove can get pretty wild i like to stay at osage beach which is like 2 miles from party cove its a blast!!

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cabins or houses for rent, where is the best place to stay??

Be prepared for nudity (both female and male) at the party cove. Not appropriate for children or teens.

Basically it is hundreds of boats tied together drinking and whatnot during the afternoon. Saturday's the most crowded day. Beware if you have a smaller boat on the water on Saturday and to a lesser degree, Friday and Sunday - it will be a most unpleasant experience as the wakes can exceed the waves on the Great Lakes and even the ocean.

10. Re: Cabins or houses for rent, where is the best place to stay??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2010, 05:17