We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lion safari tented camp, Sasan Gir

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
17 posts
249 reviews
Save Topic
Lion safari tented camp, Sasan Gir

We went to Sasan Gir with an English couple for the first time. Staying in a Tented camp brought memories of camping in real tents. But this place was amazing. We lived in tents in luxury. The Manager Ajay and his team have created a wonderful warm welcoming environment. The tents are well equipped and the toilet / bath area are large very comfortable modern facilities. The food in the dining room is ample. As there are no restaurants nearby, instead of a la carte, book the holiday with all meals. Moree economical. The kitchen caters to your needs esp if vegetarian.

Bachu Singh the ornithologist and resident bird expert is a real gem as he cares for the environment and treated us to a wonderful walk in the evening showing us many birds and arousing a new interest in us in bird life.

We saw lions too at both the open forest area as well as the reserved area. All in all, a great trip due to our staying experience.

Only one negative issue, tents are cloth and not brick and mortar so sound travels; we indians at times tend to forget that we are amongst other tourists and can therefore be noisy!

Mumbai
Level Contributor
10,243 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lion safari tented camp, Sasan Gir

Hi !

I too had a chance of visiting Gir Sasan last month. We stayed in a farm house. It was nice.

Just curious to know what was the package like Food + Accommodation.

CarLink

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
17 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lion safari tented camp, Sasan Gir

Rs 3000 per couple per night, all meals. Very good value considering the 4 star comfort.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
10,243 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lion safari tented camp, Sasan Gir

Thanks for the info. The farm house was too damn expensive.

CarLink

Mumbai (Bombay...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lion safari tented camp, Sasan Gir

hey! i am going to gir on 29th. Who do i get in touch with to book these tents? can u pls share the name and contact no.

Mumbai (Bombay...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Lion safari tented camp, Sasan Gir

Thanks to share your views and travel experience with us. We can choose a budget resort (like Vanvaso Resort) in Sasan Gir National Park for the perfect accommodation with a mixture of traditional and Modern amenities which can further your jungle safari experience.

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Lion safari tented camp, Sasan Gir

i stayed in The Blue Orchid resort during my holiday,,its the wonderful place like paradise just very near to jungle..i was very relaxed during visited the place..

Emirate of Dubai...
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lion safari tented camp, Sasan Gir

Hi,

I am going to the Gir Safari in March . Can anybody advice me for safari with family ? Is there full day safary is avalibilty . Which route we shall follow .

Emirate of Dubai...
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Lion safari tented camp, Sasan Gir

Hi ,

I am going for gir safary with family in March 2015 . Please advice for the route , is the fullday safry is avaliable . We are staying at mahindra resort iat gir . Please advice accordingly.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
10,243 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lion safari tented camp, Sasan Gir

Hi,

You will need to reach Rajkot (if traveling by air). From Rajkot you can hire a taxi for reaching Gir Sasan. The Lion Safari has different time slots. You will need to book the Safari Permit in advance, if you wish to have a confirmed time slot. The booking can be done on www.girlion.in , which is an official site. The booking opens 60 days in advance. Each permit is valid for 5 persons. At Gir you will be required to hire a Gypsy Vehicle along with an official guide, which is readily available.

Should you have any other concerns, please raise through this forum and they will be answered.

CarLink

New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Lion safari tented camp, Sasan Gir

Pl let us know how you have booked (contact # or website url) the tented accommodation. We are planning to go in mid-march.

Get answers to your questions about Sasan Gir