We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bride's Veil Waterfall?

United States
Level Contributor
229 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Bride's Veil Waterfall?

Hi,

While researching a drive around the Gaspé Peninsula, I have seen mention of Bride's Veil Waterfall, I believe around La Martre. But I have not been able to find out any other details, such as where it's located (if it exists). Can anyone provide any more information on this?

As long as I'm posting in the forum, besides the many towns, lighthouses and Percé Rock, are there any other "must see" sites along the 132?

Thanks for your help!

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,948 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bride's Veil Waterfall?

A local website in French is mentionning it: hautegaspesie.com/municipalites-locales/la-m…

Second paragraph : Le voile de la mariée, une magnifique chute ....

Also: got this location if you have a GPS: www.canmaps.com/topo/places/e/esbsh.htm

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bride's Veil Waterfall?

www.infogaspesie.com/ville.php…

It's been a long time since I toured Gaspésie, I am afraid I cannot be of much assistance re: must-sees on the peninsula. To what extent (range) do you intent to drive on the 132?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,718 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bride's Veil Waterfall?

Have a look at the official website of our Ministry of Tourism: bonjourquebec.com.

Go to the Montréal, Québec and the régions box and then on the ones for Gaspésie but also Bas-Saint-Laurent as this is just prior to the Peninsula and also offers attractions that you can visit en route, for example Parc National du Bic.

So you can pick all the ones tha might interest you.

The top ones are usually Reford Gardens, Forillon National Park, Musée de la Gaspésie, Banc de Paspébiac and Miguasha National Park.

In and around Percé there are many things to do. Take the boat tour around Bonaventure Island, walk on that island to reach the gannets colonies, take the Sentier des Failles, go to the top of Mont-Sainte-Anne with a stop at the grotto, go to look for agates and other semi precious stones at L'Anse à Beaufils, etc. etc.

Mentioned in this post
Forillon National Park
Forillon National Park
636 Reviews
Gaspe, Canada
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
389 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bride's Veil Waterfall?

I agree with all of rickb's suggestions, they are all must-see attractions. I would add Parc de la Gaspésie, which is a bit inland of 132 at ste-anne-des-monts but is pretty unique. High mountains with tundra on top, as if you were in the great north. Excellent hiking destination, if you like that.

United States
Level Contributor
229 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bride's Veil Waterfall?

Thanks for all the great information - it's very helpful.

Will we need a park permit to enter (or even drive through) any of the parks? During part of our trip, we'll be visiting the Algonquin Provincial Park, and it looks like we'll have to buy a park permit to enter that park.

Thanks again for your help!

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
22,986 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bride's Veil Waterfall?

If you are just driving through Algonquin - no stops - you don't need a pass. If you plan to stop or to camp you will need a pass. Note that Algonquin - being an Ontario Provincial Park - has different fees, etc. than a National Park (Parks Canada) or a Quebec Provincial Park (also known as Quebec National Parks).

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
389 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bride's Veil Waterfall?

No need to buy a permit to drive through the Gaspésie parks. You only need them if you stop.

8. Re: Bride's Veil Waterfall?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2016, 02:15
Get answers to your questions about Gaspesie Region