We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay when visiting Forrest Park

Illinois
7 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay when visiting Forrest Park

My 15 year old and I will be spending a weekend together in St. Louis this June. I would like to spend the majority of our time at the Forrest Park attractions. Can anyone recommed a nice place to stay that would allow access to the park by foot and public transportation? We are looking for an affordable hotel.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
796 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay when visiting Forrest Park

Priceline, name your own price, where you bid on hotel rooms. For 4* in downtown St. Louis, it' looks like the Hilton at the Arch has been coming up alot around $45.

If you don't know how to bid, www.betterbidding.com will explain it.

www.hotwire.com is also one to look at, where you don't have to bid.

Saint Louis...
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay when visiting Forrest Park

The downtown hotels are not within walking distance of FP, as the OP asked. There are several choices: There is a Hampton Inn in FP, as well as a hotel indigo (may be more $$ than you desire). There's also a hotel that caters a lot toward the families that may need to go to the many medical facilities in the area - name escapes me. The Forest Park area is generally an upscale one, and that extends to the lodgings to an extent too.

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,918 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay when visiting Forrest Park

My suggestion would be to try the Drury Inn Forest Park location. It is across I-64 from the park and I think there is still a pedestrian bridge in addition to the Hampton and Tamm bridges you could use to walk to the park..

I understand there is a shuttle that operates within the park in warm weather.

For Drury, there is a promo code that will save you a few dollars. Priceline could also work. If you stay downtown, you could catch the Metrolink to Forest Park and I'm sure the shuttle I was speaking of picks up there. You might also be able to get a room near the park using Priceline...not sure.

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,918 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay when visiting Forrest Park

Forgot to add - the Drury promo code used to be FUN... Jlr51 is a frequent poster here and probably knows the code if you want to PM her.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
796 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay when visiting Forrest Park

It would be easy to stay downtown and get to Forrest Park on the Metro link.

The original poster asked for Affordable hotel, and access to the park by foot or public transportation. That is why I suggested bidding on Priceline for a downtown 4* hotel.

Will you have a car? St. louis is much easier to get around with your own car.

St. Louis
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay when visiting Forrest Park

If you stay in the Forest Park area or Southwest St. Louis area you will have access to I-44 which is the fastest highway with access to downtown, the metro station at Landsdowne, Forest Park, Six Flags, Grant's Farm, etc. We are checking out the newly relaunched Holiday Inn Hotels, they are Niiiice.

Happy Travels.

7. Re: Where to stay when visiting Forrest Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2010, 05:24
Get answers to your questions about Saint Louis