We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay and night life

ohio
4 posts
Save Topic
where to stay and night life

Thinking of visiting St Louis for an upcoming 3 day weekend in October. Probably going to the zoo and the Budweiser tour in the day but looking for live country music for the evenings. We have never been here so we have no idea where to stay. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,922 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay and night life

Live country music is kind of a tough call. The only place that is a sure thing (as far as I know) is Wild Country in Collinsville. Off Broadway often has country acts, but you'll have to check. Other than that, I'd suggest checking riverfronttimes.com or stltoday.com to see what bands are playing where the nights you're here. There are definitely some good country bands in town, just not many dedicated country bars. Soulard might be a good call as well - Hammerstones, 1860, Great Grizzly, Shanti. Maybe one of those will have a country band.

Molly's, Tucker's, Franco, McGurk's and Sage are some restaurants in Soulard you can try.

My suggestion would be to stay downtown. Try Priceline - 3.5 star for $60 might work. You can find more about recent bids at betterbidding.com. Downtown would be the easiest place to catch a cab to/from nightlife.

St. Louis MO
Level Contributor
833 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay and night life

This is also a good article to reference.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g44881-c114295/Saint-…

3. Re: where to stay and night life

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2011, 05:17