We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety in walking Jefferson and Washington to Dome

Pendleton, Oregon
Level Contributor
73 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Safety in walking Jefferson and Washington to Dome

We will be staying at the Residence Inn Downtown and attending a competition at the Dome later this month. The Residence Inn has a shuttle to take guests to places in a 3 mile radius. However, we would like to know about the safety of walking to the Dome if the shuttle is too busy. Google maps suggests walking north on Jefferson to Washington and then east on Washington. Can you comment on relative safety of this area? Thanks.

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
491 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety in walking Jefferson and Washington to Dome

Are you aware that it is over 2 miles distance? It's pretty far. I probably would not do it at night. However, that way does have some foot traffic. It also goes by a huge area with homeless close to Washington.

I'd take the shuttle. At the very least, walk to Union Station and take Metrolink to the Dome. That would be closer and safer.

Pendleton, Oregon
Level Contributor
73 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety in walking Jefferson and Washington to Dome

Thank you. We can handle 2 miles each way easily, but the Metrolink sounds like a good option.

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,901 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety in walking Jefferson and Washington to Dome

Metrolinkg is a good option, I agree.

As for the walk, there are some blocks in the route you mentioned that are, uh, awaiting rehab and still kind of desolate compared to other parts of downtown. If you do walk, I would head down Market, then cross over to Washington on Tucker (aka 12th).

Pendleton, Oregon
Level Contributor
73 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safety in walking Jefferson and Washington to Dome

Thank you. Google Maps had suggested walking Market to Union Station, so I am glad you suggested Market as well.

5. Re: Safety in walking Jefferson and Washington to Dome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 10:17