We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Group of 230 teenagers... Afternoon Activity? Dinner?

Austin,
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Group of 230 teenagers... Afternoon Activity? Dinner?

5 charter buses; a group of 230, 15-18year-olds... We will have one afternoon free to tour around St. Louis. Arch is already scheduled... Still need one activity to do before dinner that 's for high school age kids.... ALSO need to know areas where there are MULTIPLE restaurants where we can park the buses, and have students choose and walk to the restaurants for dinner. THANKS for any idea!!!!! AT.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,068 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Group of 230 teenagers... Afternoon Activity? Dinner?

The most often recommended activity for teens would be City Museum, an absolutely amazing place where they will climb, slide, explore an indoor cave, etc...but an afternoon would barely touch what all CM has to offer. It really isn't a museum at all, but basically a playground (for kids/teens/adults) on steroids. You can take a look at it at citymuseum.org to get an idea of what it is all about. Wherever you decide to go, I would definitely call ahead of time and 'warn' them that you are about to descend on them with 230 teens. Have fun - you are very brave, lol....

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
491 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Group of 230 teenagers... Afternoon Activity? Dinner?

Probably the best bet for restaurants would be the Loop (University City). It's a long strip with several shops and LOTS of restaurants. On the strip, there is also a movie theater (independent films mostly), bowling alley, coffee shops, live music sometimes, and of course, shops. This might be a good idea for your afternoon and dinner. There is a root beer factory, Fitz's, that is fun and great to have afloat. I don't think there is going to be a place in the city that it's easy to keep that many kids contained and entertained as well as the Loop. Though, City Garden might be a place to park and there are food trucks there for lunch and some eateries within a few blocks.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
28 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Group of 230 teenagers... Afternoon Activity? Dinner?

City Museum would be amazing and fun. A close by place for food would be Union Station and they do have bus parking and can accomodate that many kids. Inside you have a Hard Rock cafe, a food court, the Fudgery, Einstein bagels, and a few St. louis themed shops like the Cardinals store and a couple of other ones.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Group of 230 teenagers... Afternoon Activity? Dinner?

City Museum and the Loop are both great ideas, but if I were you I would call ahead. the City Museum would be absolutely perfect, but there aren't a whole lot of choices for dinner. they are used to groups, perhaps they might be able to cater something and give you the space? there is usually ample street parking around there for buses, but I would call to check on that too.

the Loop would be great as well, but keep in mind that this area is an open street in University City so you can forget about containing where the kids go like you could the City Museum. They might be able to accomodate your buses, though, by the Pageant - a music venue used to band buses. I would call to see if they have ideas for you.

http://visittheloop.com/

City Museum:

http://www.citymuseum.org/site/

Edited: 25 September 2012, 17:20
St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,901 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Group of 230 teenagers... Afternoon Activity? Dinner?

My suggestion for dining: Kirkwood Commons. There is a lot of space for buses to park, Unlike the loop. Tons of restaurants right there:

Lions Choice

St. Louis Bread Company

Fuddruckers

Sonic

Subway

Ihop

Ruby Tuesday

Chili's

Texas Roadhouse

White Castle

Chipotle

Arby's

Edited: 27 September 2012, 13:45
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
472 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Group of 230 teenagers... Afternoon Activity? Dinner?

The City Museum is not a museum, it is a ten-story jungle gym that will impress any teenager.

I think that the Museum can arrange to feed groups...once you enter the building, you will not want to leave...

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,901 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Group of 230 teenagers... Afternoon Activity? Dinner?

Awan:

I made a mistake on my suggestion - I combined Kirkwood Commons with Sunset Hills Plaza, which is roughly a mile to the east. I guess Sunset Hills is better, really. Here is a breakdown:

Kirkwood on both sides of Lindbergh:

Chili's

Arby's

White Castle

Texas Roadhouse

Chipotle

Sonic

Sunset Hills Plaza:

Fuddruckers

Lion's Choice

IHOP

Subway

St. Louis Bread Company

Ruby Tuesday

Across the street (Linbergh/Watson)

Mile 277

Steak N Shake

Denny's

Sesame Chinese

Longhorn Steakhouse

Helen Fitzgeralds

8. Re: Group of 230 teenagers... Afternoon Activity? Dinner?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Saint Louis