We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Louis plan

London, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Topic
St Louis plan

Hi,

Will be in St Louis in mid may, arriving on the 11th (sat) at around 7pm and plan to go out that evening, 'the loop' our best bet?

The next day, we plan to take the 1 hour top of the arch tour at 9.40, take the free Anheuser - Busch Beermaster Tour at 11:30 (1 hour) and then be at the cardinals game for a 13:15 start/

- Is this logistically possible?

- Any recommendations of places to stay close to the arch & nightlife that is relatively cheap to stay (we are on a budget) and allows me to park?

- In terms of the cardinals, i know nothing about baseball, but looking for the cheapest ticket with an OK view and in the sun? (link below)

purchase.tickets.com/buy/MLBEventInfo…

Cheers

Dan

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
491 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Louis plan

What is "relatively cheap" for you? That can make a big difference. Parking for downtown hotels is usually $20 or so too, so keep that in mind. You might want to stay at the Drury Inn at Union Station. It's close to downtown, doesn't have parking issues, and you can take the Metrolink (our light rail) to the game and other places easily. It also includes breakfast and afternoon snacks, which may help your budget and let you spend a bit more on a hotel. You could also try Priceline for a downtown hotel, but keep in mind the parking charges. The Moonrise Hotel is in the Loop and also easy access to Metrolink and walkable to areas if you want to go out. It's over $100 but it's nice and quite unique.

As for the brewery tour, I think you re intending on taking the regular brewery tour, not the beermaster tour.The beermaster tour is something you have to schedule and costs $25. The regular tour is free. I think your timeline is pretty tight. It's at least an hour tour, and then you have the chance to sit in the hospitality suite and enjoy 2 free beers. The brewery is close to Busch, but there is a lot of traffic surrounding the stadium, and you'll have to get through it, park and walk in, which takes some time. If you could make an earlier tour, I would.

London, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: St Louis plan

Thanks for the advice. Earliest beer tour is 11am I'm afraid.could I walk from the tour to the Busch stadium then?

Do u have advice on what cardinals tickets I should purchase?

Thanks

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
491 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Louis plan

No. The stadium is not walkable from the brewery. I'm not an expert on baseball tickets.. There aren't many bad seats though! Do the 11am tour, then drive to the stadium. I think you'll be ok, just don't linger in the hospitality room. Grab a quick beer and be on your way.

4. Re: St Louis plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 19:12
Edited: 10 August 2014, 19:12
London, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: St Louis plan

Thanks.

Just managed to book a 2 double bed room at the 4 star Renaissance hotel for $89 per room per night, one of which is on a saturday! thought it was a bargain!

will look into cardinal tickets now..

London, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: St Louis plan

Titanium - which block numbers would you suggest from here?

stubhub.com/st-louis-cardinals-tickets/…

Ta

7. Re: St Louis plan

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 19:13
travelgirl3644
Level Contributor
33 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: St Louis plan

The Renaissance hotel is one of my favorites in downtown. They have self parking and valet. I always valet and it's $25. Unless you are sold on the loop, I would just go on Washington St. 1 block up from the hotel is a nice area of bars and restuarants. It's a fun area. The hotel has a bar too which depending on the night can be hopping too..

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,913 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: St Louis plan

A warning on the Renaissance - there has been some business news on how much money it's lost over the last few years and I've heard room updates are somewhat lagging. As long as the room is clean and reasonably comfortable, it will be fine, just don't get your hopes up for too much elegance. We love the Wash Ave entertainment district just west of the hotel. Visit there your first night for sure.

10. Re: St Louis plan

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Saint Louis
Recent Conversations