We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Airport to the Hyatt Regency

Which Saint Louis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transportation from Airport to the Hyatt Regency

Hi, we will be arriving in St. Louis the morning of November 1. And staying until Monday. I did not want to rent a car because our main purpose is to see the Rams game on Sunday. Everything we have planned appears to be either walking distance or public transportation from our hotel. The only concern is the transportation from the airport to the Hyatt. Would anyone know some options for us and how much money to expect to have to pay? Are there reputable taxi services that anyone would recommend? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! I thank you in advance for your time and help with this!! Thanks again!! :-)

St. Louis MO
Level Contributor
646 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Airport to the Hyatt Regency

You have a few options:

-Metrolink runs from the airport to downtown for like $4 person. However the closest stop to the Hyatt is about 4 or 5 blocks away.

-There are a few shuttle companies. I seem to see "Go Best" the most around downtown.

-Taxis queue up at both terminals and have set rates to downtown. (Like $30 to $35) Never heard of games/ripoffs like New York City or Las Vegas where they take you way out of the way to pad rates.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Airport to the Hyatt Regency

Hi, thanks so much for the information!! Would you say that taking the Metrolink and walking from the stop to the hotel is relatively safe? I don't know much about the area where our hotel is and where the metro stop is. Would it be safe to assume as long as you practice normal safety precautions that everything should be fine? My husband is actually from NYC and knows the ins and outs of the various areas that you want to avoid at different times. So we are used to public transportation and don't mind using it with normal precautions.

Saint Louis...
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Airport to the Hyatt Regency

Yes, I think Metrolink from airport to downtown would present no problems. Probably Convention Center would be the closest stop. Have fun!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
5,018 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Airport to the Hyatt Regency

The closest MetroLink station is 8th and Pine. If you go to Google Maps you can ask for directions via public transit - just click on the bus icon above where you type in the locations. It looks like about 35 minutes via MetroLink, followed by a 5-10 minute walk.

FYI, Metro also has a trip planner on their website at:

http://tripplanner.metrostlouis.org

-JimG

New Jersey
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Airport to the Hyatt Regency

Thank you for your very helpful information!! It is greatly appreciated!! :-)

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
472 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from Airport to the Hyatt Regency

While you are in town, be sure to visit the Old Courthouse, which is close to the Hyatt. The interior of the rotunda is spectacular. And it contains a free museum of St. Louis history.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from Airport to the Hyatt Regency

Thank you! We will definitely add that to our list of things to see and do!! Have you any suggestions on where to go for some good BBQ food? Pappy's was suggested to us. But still looking for other suggestions! Thanks again!! :-)

Edited: 30 October 2013, 15:26
Saint Louis...
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation from Airport to the Hyatt Regency

St. Louis is getting quite a rep nationally for fine BBQ. I think most folks would agree that Pappys and Bogarts are the top contenders. Bogarts is in Soulard, closer to downtown, Pappys is in Midtown, a little further. Both sell out so call ahead. Enjoy!

9. Re: Transportation from Airport to the Hyatt Regency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2014, 05:21