We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daughter's Sweet 16 Birthday Dinner

Which Saint Louis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Daughter's Sweet 16 Birthday Dinner

My daughter would like to go to a fun and entertaining restaurant for her 16th birthday with our family. I have already thought of Shogun; but she really wants to go to The Hill. Any suggestions on The Hill or other ideas? Thanks.

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Daughter's Sweet 16 Birthday Dinner

Of course Shogun has the "show" which is fun if you've never seen it. The most fun place on the hill might be Modesto for tapas, buying a bunch of small plates and sharing. Zia's has a very lively atmosphere. Otherwise, I can't recommend any place as being more fun than another. The schooners of beer at Rigazzi's are fun, but I don't know how much for a 16 YO watching others drink. Milo's has bocce ball, but I haven't had their food in many years. For the record, my favorite restaurants in and around the Hill are Lorenzo's, LoRusso's and Trattoria Marcella.

Saint Louis...
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daughter's Sweet 16 Birthday Dinner

Agree on Trattoria and LoRusso. Your child's palate may not be as discriminating, but I have not been impressed with the food at either Zias and especially Rigazzis. Modesto I like quite a bit. Not an typical restaurant for the Hill, but good Spanish tapas. In the greater Hill, Stellina is very tasty as well.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
472 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daughter's Sweet 16 Birthday Dinner

Guido's, which is on the Hill, has Spanish tapas for your daughter's adventuresome friends and pizza for her more conventional friends.

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Daughter's Sweet 16 Birthday Dinner

Yeah, I never should have brought up Rigazzi's - sorry.

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
491 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Daughter's Sweet 16 Birthday Dinner

Stellina is the best... maybe Spiro's for the flaming cheese.

Saint Louis...
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Daughter's Sweet 16 Birthday Dinner

Speaking of flaming, I recently had the Cherries Jubilee at Cyranos in Webster Groves-one of their specialties. Really tasty. I might go elsewhere for dinner, but that dessert is tops.

7. Re: Daughter's Sweet 16 Birthday Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2014, 06:17