We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girl's Weekend

kansas
Level Contributor
237 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Girl's Weekend

Girls weekend in early March. Looking for quaint boutique type shops, not outlet malls. Any suggestions for shopping, restaurants, etc... Thanks

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
491 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girl's Weekend

St. Louis is a huge city. Which area are you staying in? Do you have a car?

Saint Louis...
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,362 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girl's Weekend

Well-I wouldn't say the city is huge in terms of shopping areas or population, but the metro is very spread out and pretty good-sized. It would help to have some info on where you are staying, etc.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
472 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girl's Weekend

If you enjoy retro shops and antique shops (that are in buildings as old as the antiques), I suggest Cherokee Street. Explore the section east of Jefferson for Antiques Row, then cross over Jefferson for a mixture of hip shops and Latino shops. There are plenty of bakeries and restaurants to choose from....including one restaurant in America's most haunted mansion.

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,922 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girl's Weekend

Main Street St. Charles is first and foremost in my mind when you talk about shopping small boutique type stores. Great for a bunch of ladies. You might also enjoy a couple of hours in downtown Kirkwood. More on these two destinations:

stcharlescitymo.gov/Visitors/…Default.aspx

http://www.downtownkirkwood.com/

What else do you need to know?

United States
Level Contributor
6,550 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girl's Weekend

I would try to fit in all 3 of those suggestions, regardless of where you are staying! That would be a fun shopping trip. Be sure to go to a restaurant on The Hill too. Italian at it's best there!

Saint Louis...
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,362 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Girl's Weekend

I would suggest looking at some reviews on urbanspoon, yelp, and tripadvisor about restaurants on the Hill. I find some of them to be tourist traps, on their second or third generation of ownership, and less than what they once were. Actually, Modesto (Spanish tapas) and Five (contemporary American) are some of the best places there, IMHO. Adriana's does terrific sandwiches. Near the Hill I recommend Stellina, LoRusso's Cucina, and Trattoria Marcella.

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,922 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Girl's Weekend

Couldn't agree more with clvier's opinion on the Hill. We also like Lorenzo's Trattoria, which features Northern Italian cuisine. Many of the older places have gotten away from real Italian and into a kind of St. Louis variation with provel and sweet sauces. Not that it's all bad - lots of people love it - just not what their ancestors from the old country would be proud of.

8. Re: Girl's Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2015, 05:20