We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel for Busch stadium

Crocker, Mo
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best hotel for Busch stadium

We are coming up for a cardinals game in June. What are the best hotels in walking distance to Busch stadium? I know the hilton is right there but it is a little more than I am wanting to spend. Any ideas??

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel for Busch stadium

I think most hotel prices will be in a close range, and it depends on what else is happening downtown - conventions, baseball series, etc. The hotels in close proximity - Westin, Hillton Ballpark, Drury - Arch, Hyatt Arch, Hilton - Arch, Crown Plaza. These range from one to four blocks away. One of the other DEs recommends using Priceline, and bid $75 for a 3 1/2 star hotel.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel for Busch stadium

Just did Priceline for Memorial Day - 3 or 3 1/2 star (can't remember) gave me Crowne Plaza at 85/night.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
472 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel for Busch stadium

There are two Hiltons near the Stadium. Hilton at the Ballpark and Hilton at the Arch.

I like the Hilton at the Arch because it is in a historic building.

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,927 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotel for Busch stadium

Crowne Plaza has gotten some mixed reviews - I usually suggest trying for a 3 1/2 star hotel. Maybe you can get a room for the same price.

Another thought: Some places like the Lumiere are quite a hike from the stadium, so the term "walking distance" should be taken with a grain of salt. I feel a lot better about it in June, though, than, say January.

Let us know where you end up and if it's a long walk, we can find a cool spot for pre-game lunch or dinner along the way to break up the walk. I can't think of any downtown hotel where this isn't true.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
777 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best hotel for Busch stadium

$85 for a downtown locale seems decent though, how much is parking though??

Farmington, Missouri
Level Contributor
12 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best hotel for Busch stadium

We stay at the Hampton Inn Gateway Arch. It's about 8 blocks away, but we were able to walk it in less than 20 minutes. A lot of Cardinal fans were making the same walk which made it more enjoyable. Plus we were able to leave our car there (even though we had checked out already) and come pick it up once the game was over.

The hotel was very clean (I'd feel comfortable sleeping on the floor. It was that clean.) and the staff went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. The views are pretty great too! They also have a nice indoor pool and hot tub that has a great view of the Arch and a breakfast that was pretty good.

Saint Louis...
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,370 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best hotel for Busch stadium

Parking averages $20/night. This is pretty typical in most larger cities. Be glad it's not Chicago, where it can reach $60-65/night for parking.

8. Re: Best hotel for Busch stadium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Saint Louis