We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taking bridge over to IL side (Fairview Heights)

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
taking bridge over to IL side (Fairview Heights)

So, i just booked my parents lodging in Fairview Heights for a few nights so they can be closer to us ( we'll be coming from southern IL and so it will be alittle closer for us) and so they can see :

THE ZOO

THE ARCH

Botanica Gardens

I've heard about the nightmare construction on the bridge..Is it really horrible ALL DAY LONG? or mainly at rush hour times???

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
534 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taking bridge over to IL side (Fairview Heights)

I've gone through around 3 pm and westbound traffic was stop and go (mostly stop). I understand that all eastbound lanes are now open. The entire project is supposed to be wrapped up by Aug. 31st. Consider taking the Eads Bridge instead.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
274 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taking bridge over to IL side (Fairview Heights)

It's really not that bad most of the day. Certainly avoid it during rush hour and you'll be fine.

Webb City MO
Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taking bridge over to IL side (Fairview Heights)

You might consider taking the Metrolink from IL to St Louis and avoid the bridge and traffic altogether. You can get a one day pass for $4.00 per person. We did this last year when we went to the Busch car race. The Metrolink will take you to the places you want to go and the pass is good all day.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
534 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taking bridge over to IL side (Fairview Heights)

FYI, Construction is now complete on the Poplar St Bridge. All lanes are open in both directions.

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taking bridge over to IL side (Fairview Heights)

thanks everyone for the advise /tips..

We're gonna ride up from Chester, IL tomorrow to FV Heights, and then head on over to STL with my folks...

I think we'll check out the city musem :)

Great news on the lanes being open now..

6. Re: taking bridge over to IL side (Fairview Heights)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 07:18