We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels NEAR Sedalia?

Which Sedalia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Hotels NEAR Sedalia?

Okay, I got my tickets for James Taylor at the state fair on August 12. I'm not surprised that no hotels are available IN Sedalia during the fair, but I don't know where to look that's even CLOSE to Sedalia. What towns should I be checking to find a reasonably priced, clean hotel within an hour (or less) drive of Sedalia? Or does anyone have any specific recommendations? The last time I did this, I stayed in Boonville, but there's got to be something closer, right?

missouri
Level Contributor
194 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels NEAR Sedalia?

Knob Noster would be your closest town to Sedalia, it has 1 motel, just changed the chain, but I think it is Econolodge, used to be Whiteman Inn. Then try Warrensburg, they have a Comfort Inn, Rodeway Inn (used to be University Inn, Quality Inn (not heard good reviews about this one) and Holdiay Inn Express. If no luck at any of these, post again and I'll try to suggest some more!~

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels NEAR Sedalia?

Thanks, shis.

It looks like either the Holiday Inn Express or the Comfort Inn will do. Is there any reason to choose (or not choose) one or the other? We're just looking for a clean, comfortable place to spend a couple of nights.

missouri
Level Contributor
194 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels NEAR Sedalia?

I've not stayed in either of these hotels, as I live about 15 minutes from Warrensburg. But drive by both often, they are basically just across the street from each other, and right off Hwy 50 (can be seen from Hwy 50) Both properties look very nice and were built within the past 5 years. Dining options close by include Players restaurant (a casual place, menu from burgers to steaks and seafood) and Copper Coyote (Mexican). But I wouldn't wait too long to book your reservations, as Warrensburg Hotels fill up during the fair too! Glad to be able to give you some satisfactory choices!

Missouri
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels NEAR Sedalia?

You might also try staying in Marshall..which is only 30 min north of sedalia on 65 hwy. super 8 and comfort inn are both nice and reasonable priced

Sedalia, MO
Level Contributor
5 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels NEAR Sedalia?

You can check the towns of Marshall, Knob Noster, Warrensburg, Tipton and even Warsaw. Sedalia has alot of small mom and pop hotels, that don't advertise on the internet. If you would like the numbers to those hotels let me know and I will send you the phone numbers

6. Re: Hotels NEAR Sedalia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 15:15
Get answers to your questions about Sedalia