We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allegiant Air - when are flights cheapest?

Surrey, BC
2 posts
Save Topic
Allegiant Air - when are flights cheapest?

Do you think there is a best time to book. In other words I have been watching the fares and for May 21 and there is lots of space on the flight I need. The price was the same for a week and now it dropped $30. Someone once told me to book after 10:00pm. That is when they go in and lower fares. I guess there is no way of knowing how each airline does things unless you have an inside scoop.

Any advise?

Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Allegiant Air - when are flights cheapest?

Are you flying into or out of Springfield and from where or to where? I have flown allegiant many times and I don't know how they come up with their prices. Best to check it every day. Vegas is generally the most expensive of all the destinations. Some of the lesser flown to destinations like Phoenix or Tampa you can get pretty cheap. Around $60 one way sometimes. Just the other day I received a letter from them in the mail that said they were going to start charging $10 per carry on now. That sucks

SGF, MO
Level Contributor
7,269 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Allegiant Air - when are flights cheapest?

Keep watching but prices tend to get cheaper 6-8 weeks out to fill planes. A lot is destination dependent. Vegas is a popular route but I have flown as little as $120 RT.

3. Re: Allegiant Air - when are flights cheapest?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2015, 23:15