We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Springfield with children?

jc tenn
Level Contributor
550 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Springfield with children?

I need to spend a night in Springfield for a doctor's appointment (ten hours from home). Is there anything fun to do for a 5 and 7 year old? I have never been to MO.

Thanks,

KC

Springfield, MO
Level Contributor
340 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Springfield with children?

Springfield Cardinals Baseball game

Wonders of Wildlife Zooquarium

Dickerson Park Zoo

Discovery Center

These are some of the more unique-to-Sgf things to do with kids. There are of course movies, etc. Springfield has a metro population of about 400,000 people, so it's not like you're going to the end of the earth. There are lots of good places to eat in Springfield, too.

You should definitely check out some of the other Springfield posts - there is lots of good information already on this site. Feel free to ask if you have any more questions!

Springfield...
Level Contributor
96 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Springfield with children?

My kids love the Incredible Pizza Co on south Campbell. They have an all you can eat pizza, pasta, potato, salad, dessert (yummy cinnamon rolls) bar fairly inexpensive. I think lunch may be cheaper. And then they have a play room with games you can play with a card that you put money on. So no fumbling with coins. They miniature golf, go-karts, bumber cars, video games, ski ball, games that win tickets to purchase prizes. The prizes are small unless you have alot of tickets, but my kids still love to see who can win the most tickets.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
96 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Springfield with children?

oh-- My kids also love Firehouse Pottery it is on the south side of Springfield (close to Dr and Hospitals) so prob close to where you are staying. The kids go in and pick out a piece of pottery to paint and then they fire it for you. I think it takes a couple of days for the firing, but if you call ahead and ask if they could put a rush on yours for special circumstances, they might..

4. Re: Springfield with children?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 19:19