We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big Sky Skiing - When is best time to go?

Which Big Sky hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Big Sky Skiing - When is best time to go?

When is the best time for snow conditions and sun for skiing Big Sky. Would like to plan first visit and wondering when is the best time to go based upon good weather, and great snow. Thanks.

Fargo, ND
Level Contributor
189 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Big Sky Skiing - When is best time to go?

Pretty tough to predict the snow conditions. I'm no expert, but last year (which was a GREAT snow year) we were there over president day weekend and Easter weekend.

The snow was great both weekends, although we missed the big dumps both times. I think that you can expect sun anytime of the year, and if it's cloudy then there is a good chance it's snowing.

IMO, in Big Sky your not going to get real warm/tee shirt skiing weather until late March.

With average snowfall I'm guessing the mountain should be 100% open by mid January. Hopefully someone can give you a better answer.

2. Re: Big Sky Skiing - When is best time to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Big Sky
Recent Conversations