We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay at The Summit in September?

Which Big Sky hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
21 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Stay at The Summit in September?

I am thinking about booking a room at The Summit for the last week in September. I was looking at the dining guide, and most state that they are open in the summer and winter. What about fall?

The package I'm considering includes an activity a day. I'm interested in zip lining, horseback riding, and the Yellowstone tour. Has anyone done these activities as part of their Summit stay? Is it worth it?

Also, does anyone know what their cancellation policy is? As I was walking through the reservation process, I didn't see their policy anywhere.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay at The Summit in September?

I'm pretty sure they're open all year. Ask them about the cancellation policy.

Ennis, Montana
Level Contributor
20 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay at The Summit in September?

They are only open during the summer and the winter. Almost all of Big Sky is closed during October and early November.

Big Sky, MT
Level Contributor
148 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay at The Summit in September?

The Summit (and all of Big Sky Resort) will close in early October until the opening of ski season at Thanksgiving. Most of the rest of Big Sky is on the same schedule, so in late September all the restaurants and activities will still be going strong. Personally, September is my favorite time in the Yellowstone area. The days are generally still quite nice, the nights are cool and crisp and the crowds in the park are dwindling. I think your plan will give you a great vacation.

4. Re: Stay at The Summit in September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Big Sky
Recent Conversations