We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need More Information about The Summit

Which Big Sky hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
21 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Need More Information about The Summit

I am planning to select a studio room at The Summit. Does anyone know if there are laundry facilities on the property? Are there shops and restaurants within walking distance? Has anyone zip lined there, and was it worth it? Do I need a car? Anyone know the cancellation policy?

Thanks.

Ennis MT
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Ennis
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need More Information about The Summit

I'd suggest calling the property directly for answers to your questions about amenities/cancellation policy/etc.

I would say that a car would be quite helpful, but you may be planning to spend all your time right in Big Sky. Whether or not you "need" a car will depend on your plans for your trip. Do you want to do some sightseeing in the area? How are you getting to the condo? What time of year are you going? All these will affect your decision about the car.

Good luck, and enjoy your trip.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
21 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need More Information about The Summit

I am planning to go the end of September. Most places in the areas I'd like to visit are mainly ski resorts, so I'm concerned about staying at a time that's neither summer nor winter. Based on what I've been told by the hotel, I shouldn't need a car. The package includes an activity each day, and transportation is provided. Horseback riding, zip lining, and the Yellowstone tour sound fine to me. But I don't know what restaurants and shops are in the area that are within walking distance.

Ennis MT
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Ennis
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need More Information about The Summit

Sorry, I can't help with the restaurants. You should be able to get a map of the area - either on Summit's website or on Google - that would show the layout of the shops etc..

It sounds like your inclusive package has the rest covered. Sept. is a beautiful time of year here - Enjoy!

MT
Level Contributor
266 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need More Information about The Summit

There will not be too many restaurants and shops. There is boutique gift shop and a nice restaurant right in the hotel building, and a few others but the most of shops and restaurants will be down in the meadow area. You shoudl ask the hotel but I am pretty sure they offer a free shuttle between the meadow and the ski hill.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need More Information about The Summit

The meadow area does sound more like what you're looking for. I don't know if the shuttle operates at that time of year, but the Summit should know.

Big Sky, MT
Level Contributor
148 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need More Information about The Summit

The shuttle system (Skyline Bus) does operate in the summer and fall. There are about a half dozen restaurants walking walking distance from the Summit, but I would still recommend a car when visiting the area.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need More Information about The Summit

We just stayed at the summit, fourth floor, studio, very nice. Full kitchen, murphy bed, couch and chair, fireplace and view of the mountain. Laundry is on level two and it is FREE for washing machines, had to spin jeans twice but 25 cents for dryers. There is a mall there with clothing stores, gift shops and a great little grocery store called the hungry moose. We bought eggs, cheese, beer, some deli things like great chicken salad and pumpkin bread. They have a bigger place in the village. I was not thrilled by the food there at the dining facilities and if you rent a car go to Blue Moon bakery or Bug a boos in Big Sky. There are several places to eat cheaper there. Liquor store also. I didn't really want to drive to Yellowstone, would have liked a tour but you had to go back to Bozeman to get it and that was just crazy and expensive so drive myself and it was great. I got my rental with Budget for 200.00 for five days. You need a car imo. 16.00 for lift pass, zip lining was pricey but looked fun. I was there for an event and was sort of bored between event happenings.

Big Sky, Montana
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Need More Information about The Summit

Summit is very nice. As said, it has laundry facilities for guests. Dining Room and gift shop in the lobbly, and the Mountain Mall is right next door with several more resturants, gift shops and a small grocery store. The zip line is awesome ! In fact they just expanded it and now have two ziplines, the original "nature" zipline, plus the new "adventure" zipline. If it was me, a car is not needed. In fact I think a car would detract from the vacation experience. But that is my personal opinion. As far as other resturants in the Meadow or Canyon, several will send a shuttle to the hotel, I know Bucks T-4 does that.

Enjoy your stay in Big Sky !

Edited: 29 August 2013, 21:41
9. Re: Need More Information about The Summit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Big Sky
Recent Conversations