We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay - northern area of Flathead Lake

Washington DC...
2 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay - northern area of Flathead Lake

My husband and I (both in our late 30's) are taking our first trip to Montana in August. We're spending 4 nights in Glacier National Park (2 in Many Glacier, 2 in East Glacier/Two Medicine area), and then we'd like to spend 2 nights in the Flathead Lake area.

Since we'll be driving from East Glacier, we're thinking of staying in the northern part of the lake area -- maybe Bigfork but open to other suggestions -- since the drive to Polson seems too far. After spending 4 nights in more rustic accommodations in the park, we're looking for something more comfortable with more amenities, preferably on or close to the lake, without getting into ultra-deluxe territory (and prices). Our hope is to spend those last few days relaxing, take a boat ride, swim, etc. Any suggestions on places to stay would be greatly appreciated!

1 reply
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,680 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay - northern area of Flathead Lake

I'm surprised no one has answered you yet. We have stayed at the Swan River Inn in Bigfork before, it's very close to the lake and they have some nice views of the lake from the upstairs dining room. Their rooms are very nice, it remains one of our favorite little stops. The prices were very reasonable, although we were there in the shoulder season (early May).

Reply to: Where to stay - northern area of Flathead Lake
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bigfork