We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay with small children in Billings.

Saskatoon, SK
1 post
Save Topic
Place to stay with small children in Billings.

We are planning a second visit to Billings, Montana. We are travelling from Canada and just picked Billings on a map last year. We had great difficulty finding a place to stay as it was an interstate city and the Sturgis bike rally was on at the same time so the campground was out of the question. We ended up lucking out and staying at the Sheraton downtown. The rooms are nice but we had an air conditioner that didn't work. We had a pricy breakfast in their hotel restaurant and the toast that we were served had mold on it. There was no pool or activities for our daughter. We are planning a trip there this summer and have decided to plan a little more ahead. I have looked online at the Ramada as it looks to be good for kids hosting an indoor and outdoor pool. I was wondering if this is a good choice. I have read mixed reviews and am a bit leary. I was hoping someone may have stayed there within the past year or two and could give me a heads up or perhaps another suggestion?

Canada
Level Contributor
4,838 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to stay with small children in Billings.

Billings has a SpringHill Suites!!

These are excellent hotels - big suites with kitchenette and 2 TVs, awesome breakfasts. Usually a pool

One of the best chains I have ever stayed in.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to stay with small children in Billings.

There is also a hotel names c'mon in, which has a water slide - outdoor pool - and I've known of families both from in town and out of town that have stayed there. You'd need a car to get around from there, as it's near the King Avenue exit/box stores. Sheraton is now Crowne Plaza, and is walking distance to many great restaurants, museums, stores, as it is located downtown Billings. Ramada also has a slide for their indoor pool, but I don't have any info on the rooms.

Sioux Falls, SD
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to stay with small children in Billings.

May I suggest the Best Western Kelly Inn and Suites. It has an awesome indoor waterplayland for your children and an rustic lodge feel. Check them out you will not be disappointed.

Cleveland, Ohio area
Level Contributor
4 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to stay with small children in Billings.

I checked into the Ramada Express last week with my wife and 6 kids. We had two connecting rooms. The rooms were dark and dingy. However, we immediately checked out due to the overpowering smell of cleaning fluids or cleansers that appeared to have been used in excess to cover up the smell of smoke. It was awful.

So we immediately checked out and went across the street to the Clubhouse Inn and Suites. We got two connecting rooms. They were spacious - two doubles beds in each and a pull out couch. Each room had a small refrigerator, desk and microwave.

More importantly, the rooms were clean and bright and had no unusual smells. The pool was ok but no slides. The rooms were $109 per night each (the Ramada that we checked out of was $89 per room - but the extra cost at the Clubhouse Inn and Suites was well worth it).

5. Re: Place to stay with small children in Billings.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 04:18